WANTED: Driver side head light for '88 Z24 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WANTED: Driver side head light for '88 Z24
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:59 AM
just got my boy his 1st car

a 1988 Z24 Cavalier - think I made a good deal but it needs a little stuff

Looking for a drivers side headlight - the glass has a stone crack (or maybe a BB hit it)

Anyone have a nice one they want to sell?
Attachments
aZ24B.jpg (277k)

Re: WANTED: Driver side head light for '88 Z24
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:46 AM
Unfortunately you've got the ones that are pretty hard to come by - these have that black break between the headlamp and turn signal. Phase 2 models are clear in between the 2 - and I'm not sure if the 2 different composites are interchangeable. Hopefully someone on here has a little more knowledge about them. These are on Ebay but they are pretty expensive....much more than the later ones which leads me to wonder if they might have a different bolt pattern. Finding some in a salvage yard not yellowed and in good shape will take some luck.

Ron Love might be able to help you - he is really good on J-parts

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 2:03 PM
http://www.car-part.com/ has them listed for $25-75 for North Carolina junkyards.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:21 PM
Go to http://www.rockauto.com as THEY have a brand NEW one. For the drvr side for $88.00! Go new as this would be my choice no question.Ron the parts finder guy

Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:19 AM
Here is a NOS for $35 on EBay. Mmmmmmmm.....NOS

You'll have to pull your assembly apart to replace the headlight component - but that is about the best price I've seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1988-1990-Chevy-Cavalier-LH-headlamp-assembly-N-O-S-GM-Bosch-1989-16515319-/311104605716?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item486f478e14&vxp=mtr< /a>

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 7:09 PM
Sweet ride...I am jealous! That's the color drop top combo I want, a black bottom with black top and black gut. The 89 Z24 I am currently working on to paint will be electric blue with a black top and grey and blue interior and ride on Fiero GT mesh wheels. My other Z is white with a black top and black gut, that's the one I would like to make a triple ride someday, but the with recent score of a $21 white convertible top, that car may stay white for a long time, especially since I have a Sunbird convertible in bare steel that needs painted and Overland touring car hot rod to finish.

Monday, October 13, 2014 5:18 AM
Amazon.com also has headlights for my '93. It would seem that they would also have them for the '88.

great prices too!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search