Auto brake pedal pad - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Auto brake pedal pad
Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:07 PM
Anyone know where I can get a Automatic brake pedal pad for a 92 Bird? Seems they are not available anywhere..........................or there is a simular model that will fit?

,Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: Auto brake pedal pad
Friday, October 24, 2014 4:09 AM
You can get one here;
http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=384819&ukey_product=2984329
Number 010 in the list; Cover. Brake/Clutch Pedal 22701115
Shipping might be crazy expensive though.

I would take that part number to a local GM dealer and see if they can get it for you. I feel sure they can as it is the same cover used on many GM cars up to around 2005.
Saturday, October 25, 2014 6:03 PM
butch nackley wrote:
Shipping might be crazy expensive though..

You aint kidding.....................................

$ 3.96 for the part ( reasonable) $16.95 for shipping ( unreal )

Thanks , Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Saturday, October 25, 2014 6:21 PM
That was \"USA \" shipping.............. $35.00 to Puerto Rico............I guess I \'ll look for a used one off something. tHANKS FO

Thanks for the help....................

Doug in P.R.

Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:21 AM
Have you tried your local GM dealer? Since these pads were used up to 2005 on some cars, you might be able to get it from a dealer\'s parts department with no shipping charge. Worth a try.
Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:04 PM
Do you especially want that factory style pad? If not, there are metal pedal pads at Autozone, Pep Boys, etc. I have them because well, they look cool. Take a little getting used to if the sole of my shoe is wet though.
Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:19 PM
Nothing close ( GM dealers) Just need a rubber pad, hopefully they have something close by that will fit.

I guess \"Dorman\" has a pad , ( DORMAN 20713)
I\'ll see if they have it at AutoZone or Advance or Pep Boys here.

Thanks for the help and suggestions........................

Doug in P.R.

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:32 AM
Are you sure that Dorman 20713 will fit?
According to the Dorman site, it fits up to a 1991.
http://www.finddormanhelp.com/Product?ProductID=279&pcat=2&cat=34
Of course the only difference might be that it doesn\'t say Antilock Brakes on it, like the 92-up. The size might be the same, I don\'t know.
Monday, October 27, 2014 11:09 PM
Funny story... I recently just ordered the same thing for my Cavi. Might wanna check out RockAuto. RockAuto is love. RockAuto is life.

I did check and it looks like they only have a clutch pad for your Sunbird. I can only assume GM didn\\\'t change a piece of rubber between the two cars...

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=15135&cc=1038002
Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:52 PM
Thanks , was it a perfect fit? Rock Auto is great and they do ship here...

A bunch on Ebay but 99% wont ship here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ( I dont get it ....all US post offices are all the same ..right)

Doug in P.R.

Saturday, November 01, 2014 7:37 AM
Have you tried Advance Auto Parts? I know it seems funny but they have pedal pads on the shelf for GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc.

Saturday, November 01, 2014 8:38 AM
I just checked Advance website and they do have the Dorman 20713 listed.
If they have one at your local store and if you can take your old one in, you can compare them to make sure it will fit. It says it won't fit, but again, that might be wrong and listed as not the right part because the GM part number changed when the words ANTI-LOCK BRAKES was molded into the cover. The actual size of the pad may be the same though and go right on for a perfect fit. It is priced at $4.29 in my area.
Saturday, November 01, 2014 5:07 PM
Not available at Advance here ,allready tried live chat and the guy checked inventory and availability. ........2 more places to check . Stores here are not set up the same as the US. Very little inventory for GM cars also ............ and in store stuff on display. ( too much 5 finger discount)

Doug in P.R.

Sunday, November 02, 2014 2:08 AM
I'll try to get by Advance this morning and see if they have one. I'll check the measurements to make sure it is the same. If so, I can get you one and ship it to you in a USPS small flat rate box for $5.95. That appears to be the cheapest way to mail it.
Or, I can check it will fit and if so you can see if your Advance will get you one. I guess they can order it for you and it shouldn't cost you any more than the price of the pad (no shipping for instore pickup), if they can.
Sunday, November 02, 2014 3:22 AM
I checked the Advance site and all stores say to call to see if it is in.
Same for NAPA, I'll have to call.
Why? I haven't a clue, I guess someone is too lazy to keep their inventory up to date on their sites.

Auto Zone says it isn't available for either store pick up or online order.

The one listed at NAPA does give the dimensions of 4.375 x 2.375. I went out to the car and checked and that is what mine is. So, the pad should fit. I'll call Advance and NAPA when they open to see if one of them have it in. Another option would be for me to go to my local Chevy dealers part department and get the original. It should be available, since it was used up to 2005. Those will (or should) have the ANTI-LOCK BRAKES molded into it. If the price is the same as Nalley listed, I'd just as soon get one of them for my car anyway.

But at any rate, I'll do what I can to get you one (OEM or aftermarket), if you are willing to pay the $5.95 shipping. Just let me know.
Sunday, November 02, 2014 5:32 AM
Thanks, a padded envelope is cheaper, check on it ,some guy sent me a router that way.

Doug in P.R.

Sunday, November 02, 2014 6:18 AM
The only Advance or NAPA that has them in stock are both in Tampa. I'll stop by a Chevy dealer tomorrow on my way home from and see if they have any. If so, I'll pick up a couple. If not, I can get NAPA to order it from the Tampa store and they'll have it in a day.
Sunday, November 02, 2014 2:53 PM
Thanks , Butch................

Doug in P.R.

Monday, November 03, 2014 1:43 PM
Got two of them ordered from the Chevy dealer in Tarpon Springs. They will be here Wednesday, I'll pick them up on my home from work. The total for both was $10.64, so that is $5.32 apeice. I need to confirm they will fit properly (they are part number 22701115).
PM me your address and if it indeed fits I'll get yours in the mail either Thursday after work or first thing Friday morning.
Monday, November 03, 2014 3:41 PM
PM Sent

Doug in P.R.

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 2:47 PM
I'm not seeing any PM? Inbox is empty.

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 3:29 PM
butch nackley wrote:I'm not seeing any PM? Inbox is empty.

Resent, Try now............

Doug in P.R.

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 3:36 PM
Yeah, I see it now.
Thanks
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:17 AM
Got the GM pad from Butch today, ( A big Thank You to Him) and installed it today.

The old pads part number is 22566690. Old and new pics below...........................

Doug in P.R.
Attachments
DSCN1938.JPG (76k)
DSCN1939.JPG (73k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search