A 1990 Cavalier 2.2 Turbo With Pics - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A 1990 Cavalier 2.2 Turbo With Pics
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:49 PM
hey, your door handels missing

Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:17 PM
Hey man I noticed you dont have a radiator fan.... how do you have that set up? and also did you make new brakets and move the radiator and AC back.... or did you leave them where they were?
Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:59 PM
CavalierRoad 92 wrote:Hey man I noticed you dont have a radiator fan.... how do you have that set up? and also did you make new brakets and move the radiator and AC back.... or did you leave them where they were?

yep I have a zergo cooling fan (push style rather than pull) so its located infront of the radiator.. if you want to do that they make clips that goes through your radiator with out puncturing the fins. its sorta nice too, as it pushes the air through the radiator it pulls cool air also through the intercooler... the radiator had to be set more forward about 2 inches to clear the turbo.

and the handles yeah they are shaved.. just how I like them. lol

**changes are here**

Friday, November 11, 2005 3:56 PM
good call. shaved is always the way i like em'

Monday, November 14, 2005 8:12 AM

**changes are here**

Sunday, July 15, 2007 12:15 PM
Hey Guys I've owned my second cavy now and this second one is been nothing but problems so I'm gonna yank the motor and do a complete rebuild and would like to put a turbo on it but i was just courious if the turbo cavy was using the second gen or third gen 2.2
Sunday, July 15, 2007 12:36 PM
you brought this thread up from 2 years ago to ask that?

Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:56 PM
damn that was along time ago lol.. I now remember this thread.. but it was a 2ng gen engine.

**changes are here**

Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:45 PM
cannon fodder wrote: you brought this thread up from 2 years ago to ask that?
X2

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Friday, August 10, 2007 3:34 PM
damn not bad nice lil engine setup right there...should have fully molded the diza sides though but should look good. Where did he get all the turbo piping and setup from? i wanted to turbo my blue 2.2 cavalier but i live in CA and it wouldnt pass smog and i would be getting pulled over like every day lol by the way mines still for sell people !!
Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:52 AM
cannon fodder wrote: you brought this thread up from 2 years ago to ask that?

Maybe, but at least it's good to see some people using the search button. BTW that setup looks awesome.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:53 PM
Mods: Can we get a lock on this thread... seems like every couple months someone keeps posting in it...

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:07 PM
Extreme Delusions(Speedline Z) wrote:Mods: Can we get a lock on this thread... seems like every couple months someone keeps posting in it...

why? if someone has a question then by all means they should ask it.. it s kinda weird to see it pop up every now and again I do admit

**changes are here**

Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:09 PM
thats true... but... two of the four times this has been brought back over the past 2 months, werent questions...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:12 PM

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:22 PM
Now that is a real mod. How much did it cost you to do this? Ever get that car painted? I would love to see that thing in person. I live in western Pennsylvania. Slippery Rock, PA actually not too far from Ohio at all. Maybe if I buy the 94 with 104,000 miles that I am looking at you would have to give me some points on that or something.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:45 AM
Charles Shirey wrote:Now that is a real mod. How much did it cost you to do this? Ever get that car painted? I would love to see that thing in person. I live in western Pennsylvania. Slippery Rock, PA actually not too far from Ohio at all. Maybe if I buy the 94 with 104,000 miles that I am looking at you would have to give me some points on that or something.

it cost alot with the tuning, ect, more than what meets the eye goes into this. if you have been following my threads you'll see and yes I got it painted. if you look at my registry or over on v6z24.com you'll see. just the engine stuff alone were talking close to 5K with port/polishing head work, tuning/turbo hotjet ect. I doubt that people will put that much money into a 2.2 esp a 1990

**changes are here**

Sunday, November 02, 2014 5:24 PM
Okay I know this post is really old but I have a 1990 coupe I plan on doing similar work to it. How much money, time, and modifications had to be done to set it all up if you remember at all thanks
Sunday, November 02, 2014 9:03 PM
Everything is custom. For a 2.2 you need to buy turbo manifold and start from there. 2.2ohv are not the best power engine. If your looking for easy power a 3400 or 3500 swap is almost drop in with Minimal work. Front mount, exhaust, and wiring new injectors and getting a tune. V6z24.com has all the info you need for almost any popular swap.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 12:38 PM
Exactly what i would like to do to my 1990 2.2 cavalier. Been tossing the idea around for awhile now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search