3rd gen b&m into 90 z - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3rd gen b&m into 90 z
Sunday, November 09, 2014 6:21 PM
hey all,
been a while since I have been on here dealing with fueling issues and some wiring on my j. I got rid of my 04 lss and I still have the short shifter. I doubt I will ever get a 3rd gen again so I am wondering if anyone has used this one in their 2nd gen or what they use. My stock shifter has a bunch of play and if I could reuse this piece that would be great.

On a side note only a month or so until I can get classic reg and not have to deal with ct and their nonsense about nox emissions!

Re: 3rd gen b&m into 90 z
Sunday, November 09, 2014 7:10 PM
My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:On a side note only a month or so until I can get classic reg and not have to deal with ct and their nonsense about nox emissions!

That's fantastic news.

No idea on your actual question, but sub'ed for info.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, November 10, 2014 4:11 PM
In my state my '90 will be considered an antique starting January! It's been a classic for 4 years, lol. Also sorry I have no useful info.
Monday, November 10, 2014 5:37 PM
You don't have to get Early American plates, once the car is twenty five years old, Ct doesn't require emissions testing.
Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:40 PM
i am going to tryto compare this weekend. the third gen still houses the bnm i need to throw a jy replacement in so my brother can sell the car off evidently. from what i remember of the two types their is some adaptation. hoped cahill would have chimed in by now and told me i am nuts etc. the floor pans are different as are the consoles but with shimming i think it could work. the connectors are also different but that is small potatoes in the end.

Quote:

frankd
my wife said i should not talk to you. says she helped with getting my g35x so i had something reliable to drive. i do have a bunch of extra second gen parts though and would like to meet up.. not looking to get rid of my veteran plates but looking forward to not having emissions issues for my 3500 so i can do some mods to it.

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:45 AM
As I said, once it's twenty five years old it is exempt from emissions and you don't have to get any special registration or different plates.
Friday, November 14, 2014 5:05 PM
You're nuts.

It's far from a direct bolt in. It would physically fit in the 90, but you'd need to get some new bolt holes in it. IIRC though, the direction of lever movement is opposite of what the 90 needs on the gate select. If you get it in there with no change to that, you would be moving it right to get 1-2 and left to get 5-R. It's been a while since I had the two next to each other though. You could do a simple bellcrank to change direction.

Friday, November 14, 2014 8:19 PM
All he has to do is move the steering wheel to the passenger side then.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search