how hard is it to put a 2.2 litter ecotec in a 1st/2nd gen or is the 3400 swap the better move - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how hard is it to put a 2.2 litter ecotec in a 1st/2nd gen or is the 3400 swap the better move
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:57 AM
hey guys im new to this whole j body scene and ik the first and second gens are vurtually the same and was wondering what would be better the 3400 or the 2.2 ecotec i wanna ditch my 1.8 litter non turbo and build a nice well powered car... and im lost coming from a honda crowd to the j scene but i love these cars and wanna know more about them the more ik the better i can build it my objective is to build a first gen that no body can take there eyes off and have the power to back it up i love my sunbird sedan but its like im lost building these cars so any info about lowering or anything about these cars will be helpful

I'm new to the scene ... I'm 18 and i have a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird sedan...

Re: how hard is it to put a 2.2 litter ecotec in a 1st/2nd gen or is the 3400 swap the better move
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:27 PM
The 3400 is just about a direct bolt in, and short of a burned PROM, it's plug and play. The ECOTEC requires all custom mounts, and either a massive harness modification or a standalone ECM. Either would get you a nice increase in HP, but the 3400 is by far the easier swap.

Re: how hard is it to put a 2.2 litter ecotec in a 1st/2nd gen or is the 3400 swap the better move
Friday, January 30, 2015 5:49 AM
thanks once again James Cahill your a really big help on this build but i think ima go the easy way and do a turbo 3400 build then it might serve the purpose i need im not looking for off the wall numbers in hp im just looking for a decent number that backed up to a good suspension set and this cars looks when im done wil be eye candy and i wont even be able to take my eyes off lol

I'm new to the scene ... I'm 18 and i have a 1985 Pontiac Sunbird sedan...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search