SOS can't find window regulator! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SOS can't find window regulator!
Saturday, May 02, 2015 9:57 AM
Hello!

So I made an oopsie a few weeks ago- using an aftermarket power window system, I rolled down my driver side window and when it got all the way to the bottom I heard a big THUD, and now it will barely come up at all. I suspect the regulator is kaputt, but I can't find a replacement at RockAuto that will fit a 2-door, crank window set up! Will I have to go junkyarding? Or do you think a sedan regulator would fit OK?

P.S. the whole power window thing probably isn't gonna be in my car much longer!

Thanks!!

Re: SOS can't find window regulator!
Sunday, May 03, 2015 8:49 PM
Are you sure the window guides are in place? If one of them slips out of the channel the window will not roll up or down very well.
I don't know where you can get a new regulator. Not all of them are the same. It depends on the interior trim codes, for one thing. I think some have a longer shaft that the handle goes on, while others use a shorter shaft, depending on the trim (at least for some years).
I'm not sure if a 4 door is the same as a coupe. I don't think so, since they appear to have different part numbers.
Re: SOS can't find window regulator!
Thursday, June 04, 2015 8:40 PM
Will I have to go junkyarding? yes Reg's can be different ,chk the inter change guides first
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search