Washing machine rinse water - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Washing machine rinse water
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:09 PM
Well, no rain hardly at all this spring or summer so we are on water restritions. ( no washing cars or watering plants , etc)

This means with a hose that is. Buckets are OK.

So we decided to hook up a separate drain for the washing machine to a 55 gallon drum so we just transfer the drain hose from one tube to the other. I used the water to water plants but the J was so dirty after 3 weeks so I grabbed a bucket of soap and washed the car and rinsed it with buckets of the rinse water. To my surprise, the car shines better than if I washed it with a hose! And it lasts longer even if it rains lightly also.( thats all we have been getting)

Starting tommorrow our water is now being shut off for 12 hours (noon to midnight) better that some folks up north , their's is shut off for 2 days at a time.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: Washing machine rinse water
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:23 PM
Be careful with the soap you use. Certain household soaps can leave a film and ruin paint.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:20 AM
WoW Doug!

Visitors to P.R. are gonna be in for one helluva shock, aren't they!

Guess there is truth to the ole saying "Trouble in Paradise"

Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:53 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Be careful with the soap you use. Certain household soaps can leave a film and ruin paint.

Cant ruin it anymore than it is .................Rustoleum top half, factory 2 stage on the bottom with Duplicolor perfect match in spots with Rustoleum clear coat. Just a beater anyways..............A pillars are slowly rusting away.........

Palmolive dish soap to wash......................

Suavitel Softener : catonic softner ,viscosity agent, fragance,sequestering agent, ph regulating agent ,perservative and colorant.

Doug in P.R.
Attachments
DSCN2043.JPG (77k)

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:57 PM
Orlen Brown wrote:WoW Doug!

Visitors to P.R. are gonna be in for one helluva shock, aren't they!

Guess there is truth to the ole saying "Trouble in Paradise"

Hopefully all good Orlen , by the time they show up in January ....No one comes in the summer.

Doug in P.R.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search