Trunk Rods Needed - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trunk Rods Needed
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:21 PM
Anyone have a couple? One of mine broke, welded it but it broke in a different spot.. really need the one that goes into the hole on the driver side and adjusts ( Z shaped end) on the passenger side. Second Gen 88-94 coupe Sunbird or Cavalier.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 148K miles. Hurricane Maria Surviver! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Re: Trunk Rods Needed
Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:04 PM
Took out the quarter window on the Z24 on Saturday but just my luck, both trunk tension rods were broken also, so still need these if anyone has them.Thanks

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 148K miles. Hurricane Maria Surviver! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:23 PM
I think I have a set from my 89 z24.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Monday, November 26, 2018 11:08 AM
Ok Rob,let me know.....sick of using a stick to hold up the trunk, has fallen on my head a few times......

Doug in P.R.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:58 PM
Sounds like these are prone to breaking? I didn't know that. I hope you are able to get some.
Think I should get myself an extra set too, next time I see one in a junk yard. Anyone know if they are the same as the convertibles use?
Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:43 AM
Yeah Butch, never had them break in the many GM cars I've owned, just this one.

Doug in P.R.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search