Bringing Sexy Back!!! - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Bringing Sexy Back!!!
Monday, October 24, 2016 10:20 PM
More

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Monday, October 24, 2016 10:32 PM
More

Monday, October 24, 2016 10:46 PM
Washed the car, cleaned up pretty well.

Monday, October 24, 2016 10:51 PM
I think I have a vacuum leak. My idle is between 1100 and 1200 rpms. Desired idle says 900rpms. Also sometimes the car wants to idle at 2000 rpms. IAC position is 0. Picked up one of the last set of energy suspension control arm bushings Part number 3.3154G. They discontinued all 2nd gen parts. Also picked up an oil filter housing gasket from GM part number 12337894. Has anyone added the low Check oil and oil pressure light? It would be nice to have both with the gauge. That is how my fiero is. It has an idiot light for both oil and temp along with the gauges.

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:16 PM
Lol don't feel bad about the trunk rust, it's inevitable. The seals are terrible in the trunk. I've also got a hole in my sunbird.. lol
Friday, December 28, 2018 6:36 PM
I kept forgetting to update this.

My idle was stuck high and found out my fuel injector orings were leaking. I clean the ports and the new orings tore and I had to replace them again. That seemed to work. Also my temp would drop down to 148*F driving down the highway. So I ordered a high flow 180* thermostat, this is the third thermostat I am trying. The first one wouldn't close at all. These were all different brands.

Friday, December 28, 2018 6:41 PM
Picked up a shiftier rebuild kit. Found out my intake broke. The JBWeld lasted 6 years. Installed a spare one I had laying around.I put some orings on the PCV tube ends to make them seal. Works very well. Found out my timing cover leaks. I wonder if this will change my IAC position since air can be sucked in thought the timing cover and through the PCV to the intake.

Friday, December 28, 2018 6:43 PM
Rebuilt the shifter.

No more play!

Friday, December 28, 2018 6:45 PM
Rebuilt my transmission linkage, no more play.

Friday, December 28, 2018 6:46 PM
Rodney Shifter Cable Repair ends.

Friday, December 28, 2018 6:48 PM
Replaced the shifter lever cable bushing with a booger bushing. I had to put a lot of lube on the shifter and pry the bushing in with a 4ft pry bar. I thought something was going to break. The bushing does not go all the to the shifter so some of the cable end overhangs. Not sure if that is normal or not.

Saturday, December 29, 2018 2:31 AM
Thanks Rob. I've got to get those shifter and cable repair parts.
Saturday, December 29, 2018 4:54 AM
At least it didn't break in half like my auto shifter did, had to take out the console and the shifter itself to reweld it. Disconnected the one cable that hooks to the ignition switch, never had a problem since. ( It was binding)

Doug in P.R

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, December 30, 2018 9:44 PM
Picked up new heatercore hoses part number 18749 and 86104.

Sunday, December 30, 2018 9:45 PM
Picked up a set of Pioneer TS-A878 3.5" Speakers. These things sound amazing for their size. The drivers side fit a little tight.

Sunday, December 30, 2018 9:47 PM
Installed the heatercore hoses, had to do some trimming but they fit perfectly. Installed new Pioneer TS-6966R 6x9 Speakers with the custom brackets I bought 6 or 7 years ago. They work perfectly. Had to add some foam to the bolts to keep them from rattling. These things are amazing and have a ton of base.

Monday, December 31, 2018 2:27 AM
Rob , looks good, what car is the 3400 out of? ( Looks like the one we had in our 2005 Equinox)

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 6:13 PM
92Sunbird PuertoRico wrote:Rob , looks good, what car is the 3400 out of? ( Looks like the one we had in our 2005 Equinox)

Doug in P.R.

Mine is from a 2002 grand am I believe. They are all the same no matter what vehicle.

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 6:17 PM
I've been having an oil leak and a small idle surge and couldn't figure it out. It looked like the top of the timing cover was leaking when I did a smoke test. After replacing the timing cover gasket twice, once with rtv on it. I found out the intake gasket I made using RTV started leaking between the intake, cylinder head, and timing cover. It made it look like the timing cover was leaking. Now since I replaced the timing cover I have been loosing a lot of oil which I guess is from the oil pan gasket having to be cut.

Saturday, January 05, 2019 12:04 PM
Try windshield urethane on oil leaks, but wear gloves cause it takes a week to get it off your hands if you get it on them. Used this before on stubborn tranny pan leaks.

It's a bear to get parts back apart but worth it. You have to wait a day to let it fully cure.

Doug in P.R.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search