dash light bulbs for 1993 cavalier - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dash light bulbs for 1993 cavalier
Thursday, November 02, 2017 7:07 AM
looking to find the correct light bulbs for 1993 cavalier,
-dash dimmer wheel switch,
-dome over ride
-auto trans center gear shift selector

brand
part#
or link

thanks

Re: dash light bulbs for 1993 cavalier
Thursday, November 02, 2017 4:53 PM
The dimmer wheel is not lighted. There is a bulb in it, but it isn't wired up from the factory (or at least it wasn't on all the ones I've seen). You can wire it though and it will work. I ran a jumper wire from the interior light switch on the right side over to it and pinned it in place. It appears they were designed for it to be lit, but for some reason they didn't put in the wire for it. I don't know what the bulb is, it is tiny with a plastic locking ring on it.
I don't recall the dash light bulb size. I'm thinking 124, but that might not be correct.
I think the shifter light bulb is the same, best I recall.
Friday, November 03, 2017 7:11 AM
does anyone know:
-the bulb # for the dimmer wheel
(same as dome override wheel)
-auto trans center console gear selection bulb?
Friday, November 03, 2017 9:39 AM
I figured out the center console is a L74 ac delco bulb, ( gauges of course are pc161) but still cant find for dome or dimmer switch bulb/ assembly
Friday, November 03, 2017 1:30 PM
I checked the parts catalog and it doesn't show the bulb for the dimmer and interior light, only the switch assembly.
Maybe you could take one of them to your local GM part department and see if they can tell you.

Here is a picture of the clusters from the parts book. It list the bulbs with connectors.
Attachments
Clusters.jpg (1519k)

Thursday, November 09, 2017 5:42 AM
alright I think I figured these out, so info for who ever else is looking the dash gauge bulbs are PC161
the center console auto shift indicator are L74 ac delco bulb and the dimmer and dome over ride wheel switch light bulbs are considered a T4 10 mm Neo wedge style bulb
Thursday, November 09, 2017 2:45 PM
Thanks for the research you did. I'm going to save your results.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search