92sunbirdpuertorico - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 92sunbirdpuertorico
Monday, September 18, 2017 5:13 PM
Update: looks like Maria is going north of the island not through the south. Generator starts but the carb is shot now. POS Tecumseh!

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 143 K miles.Slowly getting back to a halfway decent car............in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:19 AM
Ordered a float bowl kit for the carb this morning , hopefully it gets here Saturday. Probably out of power for a long while since the electrical system here is like the 1950's.

Doug in P. R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 143 K miles.Slowly getting back to a halfway decent car............in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 3:30 PM
Cat 5 , eye will be 30 minutes drive west of us in Arroyo. Not good.

Doug in P.R.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:45 PM
Yeah, looks like Irma was just a show opener. I will keep checking in to see if we hear from you. Understand it may be awhile till power and communications are available again.

Good Luck My Friend I hope you do well!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:26 PM
Stay safe.
God watch over you all.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:04 PM
Wow, looks like this one might have been a good bit closer to Salinas than Irma was.

Our prayers are with you Doug.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:32 PM
From what I've read - PR got POUNDED!! 80 year storm in damage. Doug really has got his hands full this time!!

How are things going down in Tampa, Butch?

Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:02 AM
Thanks for asking Orlen.

Things are pretty much back to normal here now. Still some piles of debris that hasn't been picked up yet, but that is about all. I think most of the power and water has been restored to the area. We were very lucky here. Down south a bit, people weren't as fortunate and got quite a bit more damage than we did.
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:38 PM
So Glad you and your family are doing well Butch!!

Doug, I haven't forgotten you!! I check on here everyday just in case you might manage to post something! Hope you are holding on, my friend!! I read lots of bad stuff your way on the news.....

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:21 AM
Butch, have you heard from Doug?

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:31 PM
No I haven't and it really worries me too.

Friday, November 10, 2017 10:41 AM
For everyone interested - I got word from Doug today!!

Received a letter from him. He and His family are fine. House is unscathed, but a few trees and telephone pole were blown down and have been now cut up. His car and truck are also Ok. Biggest troubles has been Electricity and Water service. Internet is basically non- existent. He is working but the schedules have been cut back. He has a Generator and has been hauling water as needed with sporadic water service slowing coming back around.

It was wonderful to hear from him, and it is a pleasure to share some good news here on the 2nd Gen forum!

Friday, November 10, 2017 3:41 PM
So good to hear they are fine. Such a relief to know. Thanks for passing the word along.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search