2.0l perofrmance parts - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0l perofrmance parts
Friday, April 15, 2005 7:44 PM
i looked throught the mods section and theres nothing to be found for the 2.0l in the sunbirds. im looking for cams, valves.... pretty much anything to do with the head. is mantapart the only place that makes parts for this engine or does anyone else know where to look?

Re: 2.0l perofrmance parts
Friday, April 15, 2005 8:13 PM
mantapart is the only one that makes for this engine i believe

wicked
Saturday, April 16, 2005 12:34 PM
yes mantapart is the only one that i have found that makes any engine parts for hte 2.0 sunbirds. ive been searching for over a year to find parts and i still cant even fiind an intake. gotta make one i guess.

Saturday, April 16, 2005 8:32 PM
Stay away from Mantapart at all costs....their record is nothing but screwing people over, being mean to customers, and rude to cops when customers call on em...

Saturday, April 16, 2005 9:13 PM
wrong.

you can always go oldshool on it.

bore out, p&p, ect ect.

or

you can go 2.0Tubro swap.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 2:32 PM
yeah i'd go oldskool on it thats what i did w/ my 91 cavy cause i can't find no parts on it. all i got on it is a pacesetter header that i custom fit from a 3rd gen. i had the head shaved a little, full port and polish, 5 angle valve job, valve ends back-cut, and valve tip heights corrected. then i put 1.6 ratio rods and other junk from a 3rd gen and i have really good drivability and everyone told me it couldn't be done.it's no speed demon but i can pull on my bros 2.8 z24 and the z is a 5-speed.. i'm probably running real low 16's which ain't to bad for a car that came stock w/ about 95 hp.go get an extra head w/ less miles and have it worked over little by little.this will avoid down time also.or u could do a turbo swap(money, lotta work and cursing, and down time. good luck though w/ whatever u choose.

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:01 PM
damn, i guess this answeres my thread about the camshaft im looking for, LoL, o well, 16's is really good by the way...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search