What should i do?? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What should i do??
Sunday, May 22, 2005 9:01 AM
I am graduating in a week and i will be acquiring some $$$ so what should i do to my s-bird. i already made a intake. or i could do an engine swap. crazy rays has bout 100 3.1 sunbirds around. should i grab the engine or the whole front end? i want some fresh ideas.

SUNBIRDS FOR EVER!!!

Re: What should i do??
Sunday, May 22, 2005 10:24 AM
either go with a turbo 2.0l or a 3400. if your going to swap a v6 in, its only a little more work to go with the 3400 over the 3.1l, and its 40 more hp.

Sunday, May 22, 2005 4:54 PM
do some reseach and find out exactly what you wanna do. and then there are ideas on how to tweak those things.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Sunday, May 22, 2005 7:02 PM
BOOST!

Monday, May 23, 2005 6:58 AM
i was thinking bout 2.0 turbo. it shoud be a snap but... here in md i cant finde a turbo engine. i guess i should build one from a stock 2.0 and realy make a monster!!!

Monday, May 23, 2005 2:35 PM
Tyler Gilheany wrote:i was thinking bout 2.0 turbo. it shoud be a snap but... here in md i cant finde a turbo engine. i guess i should build one from a stock 2.0 and realy make a monster!!!

if you are to feel so inclined... then yeah, the 2.0L turbo can actually be a monster (for a 4 cylender). if you go that route do some searches on the LT3 and visit darkmucks (billy) site. he has it dedicated to the LT3 engine and contact him. he's the best to talk to about the 2.0L turbo. or grab one of those 3.1's you mentioned and turbo it. you can later do a top end swap with the 3.1 and build a hybrid if you wanted to do that as well. there are more options out there than ya think. I think a while back we were even discussing the supercharged 3800 that's been done at least once to my knowledge and I even considered doing myself. with the right know how, resources, people and help of this site and all the guys and girl (haha) here... given a fair amount of money you can build a number of different things. hell, a 3.1 hauls a$s stock.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 7:07 PM
yea thats the only prob now is money and tools

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search