rear bumper support... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear bumper support...
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:54 PM
hey guys.
so i took my back bumper off, and my bumper support is shot. the top part is ok, but the bottom piece that goes along the bottom part of the bumper pretty much crumbled in my hands. i've come so far along, this just kind of throws a @%*! into things. other than that the rest of the underside of the car is fine. not spectacular, but solid. surface rust. i took the wire brush and some black tremclad to any rusty spots. the car will not be driven in winter, btw. not that it's spectacular or anything, i just want to try to keep it for awhile so i have an old beater for the winter.

so,
1. how important is the bottom piece of the bumper support if the top is ok?
2. is it worth trying to fix? is it unfixable? or should i just leave it as it is?

wish i had some pics..
thanks,
KMC

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl

ALMOST DONE.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)

Re: rear bumper support...
Thursday, August 11, 2005 4:49 PM
Thats about the only thing that will keep your car from getting totalled in a rear end accident. Go to a yard and pick one up for like $20. Or build a custom lightweight one.

Friday, August 12, 2005 8:56 PM
cool. yeah i'm going to probably fab up something i guess. definately going to need something. thank you for the reply, James. and i'm glad that you didnt say the car is #$!@% now.. at least it's fixable, which is definately cool!

thanks again,
KMC

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl

ALMOST DONE.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)
Monday, August 15, 2005 12:18 PM
man lol, next time try to keep your head together when you get pissed.... a METAL bumper is nothing to fix, and its not even seen... Hell I dont even have my front support nor my rear INSTALLED... I put my FX kit on and decided to lose a lot of and ditched it...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search