1993 pontiac sunbird 2.0 OHC N/A 200+HP - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1993 pontiac sunbird 2.0 OHC N/A 200+HP
Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:59 PM
what do you guys think of making 200+ HP with a 2.0 OHC N/A engine. does anyone think i cant do it. comments please.

1993 Pontiac Sunbird 2.0 N/A 200+ HP this summer 2006
Team Zero
MMK Tuning
teamzero5.tripod.com

Re: 1993 pontiac sunbird 2.0 OHC N/A 200+HP
Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:46 PM
Just buy a rebuilt 2.0 turbo motor....it will achieve 200hp easy with small mods.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:03 PM
pretty tough goal. you are talking very high compression. itll be custom pistons, knife edged and lightened crank, you will need a dohc head, port the hell out of it, custom ground cams, cpecial buil;t intake manifold and header. this would deffinitly be a race only setup.

but sure, you can do it. as i always say, if you shake enough money at it, it will happen.

seriously though, just swap a 3400 or turbo 2.0l.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:57 PM
If you feel like emptying your wallet it could happen. I wouldn't do it....

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Monday, January 09, 2006 7:23 AM
Summary:
Can you do it? Yes. Absolutly.
Is it worth it? No. Not by a long shot.

Explanation: You have to have spectacular head flow (which the 2.0 especially in SOHC form like you have) does not have, even modified you are limited by the heads design. Spectacular head flow is something very few stock 4 cylinders have, which is why I ALWAYS reccomend going forced induction. It will cost you a LOT less to make the same power as you could n/a, will be FAR more streetable, and have the potential to make even MORE power then you want when you want too.

Forced induction raises cylinder pressures to increase power. You can do the same thing and be n/a by upping compression ratio, but ussualy the octane requirements to do so without knock make the car unstreetable at high power levels, or the timing requirements require a ton of tuning.

Trust me, please do not waste your money. It is NOT worth it. If you want to go n/a bolt the biggest motor you can in your car, which, as far as engines that bolt in easily, would be the 3800. But even then I'd still suggest going turbo on it.

N/A is LARGE engine territory. The only replacement for displacement is forced induction.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search