going turbo?? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
going turbo??
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:28 PM
what is the most boost i can run with a stock 3.1. what can the stock pistons run and the stock fuel system.

TeamZero
M.S.C.C.
WI J-Tuners
V6Z24

Re: going turbo??
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:48 PM
what are you going ot be doing for ecm tuning??? stock pistons have been known to hold 8-10psi without issues with proper tuning. if you just slap a turbo on it, i wouldnt expect the thing to last past 3-4psi.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:36 AM
thats the problem idk thats y i was asking what the bone stock 3.1 fuel everything can handle.
but i don't know if i want to go major with turboing. but then again i do so.
what should i do about the ecu, fuel.

TeamZero
M.S.C.C.
WI J-Tuners
V6Z24
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:34 PM
the ecu can be tuned using the tgp (turbo grand prix) bin file and tweaking it to what you are doing. you can go that route (getting the tuning software and chip burner) or with a stand alone ecm. the stand alone is laptop tunable and everything is in realtime.

the fuel injectors are pretty much maxed out at 160hp. i would recomend 24lb at minimum for boost, possibly bigger depending on how much power you want to put down. the fuel pump will take it, but a decent upgrade is a 93-95 4.3l blazer vin W fuel pump, its 255lph.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:22 PM
so yea i understand about the ecu but what about the internals??

TeamZero
M.S.C.C.
WI J-Tuners
V6Z24
Monday, January 22, 2007 5:08 PM
5-8psi is all i would reccomend running...

watch for flying sparks!!!
Monday, January 22, 2007 6:22 PM
Stock 3.1? I'd say no more than 10-12 psi if it's well tuned and the motor is in good shape. If you want a HP limit, I'd go no more than high 200's wheel HP with a stock 3.1. The 2 motors I've done that are basically stock 3.1's do have hyperutectic pistons, but that's all. They arn't that much better than stock cast pistons.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Monday, January 22, 2007 9:45 PM
cool thanks guys

TeamZero
M.S.C.C.
WI J-Tuners
V6Z24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search