Do you guys think this would be a good deal? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Do you guys think this would be a good deal?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I found this 89 Sunbird GT Turbo today for sale here is the link~> http://tampa.craigslist.org/car/602139585.html you can actually click on the picture and it will show you a video of the car. I haven't seen the car yet ,but I'm going to see it tomorrow after 2pm. He states that the turbo seals are leaking and that he had gotten a turbo just like it before for $300. I called GM today for a seal kit and they stated they only offered a reman turbo for $1,100 list. Napa only offered a mounting install kit.

Is there anything that I should be looking for tomorrw when I'm going over the vehicle?

I can't see in the video or pics where the turbo actually is so I don't know if I'll be able to check for play in the shaft. Also by the sound in the video I hear what I want to say sounds like a valve or something ticking maybe its just a exhaust leak or something.

If I buy the car I was going to do a complete tune up on it. But I'm wondering how hard it would be to change the timing belt?

I'm kinda excitied about it since my parents first new car they ever bought was a 83' sunbird its actually the car to where I learned to work on cars. Changing the oil @ age 12 lol

I've been out of the Pontiac loop for sometime now so any pointers would be great. Thanks BTW this car is for my daughter.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search