Anybody ever turbo a 2.0/2.2L OHV - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anybody ever turbo a 2.0/2.2L OHV
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:27 AM
Just read an older Hot Rod mag that had a small article about people turboing anything seems to be a trend these days. Kind of got me wondering if anybody mounted a turbo up to the underpowered 2.0/2.2 ohv of the 1st & 2nd gen Cavy's. Did a search but that only brought up a post about going from turbo to N/A.

Re: Anybody ever turbo a 2.0/2.2L OHV
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:30 PM
Quite a few people have. The LN2 carried over into the 3rd gens, and there are at least a handful of guys who have done it. There are three 2nd gens I can think of offhand who have- oneredry, juicedz4, and slowolej.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:50 AM
I have seen a couple 92 and above 2.2Ls turbocharged, but never seen a TBI version boosted. I would like to have some info on the topic though, it seems like I read something on Turbo S10 about TBI's a while back.
Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:27 AM
Didn't the 2.0 have a factory turbo option in the later years? Because Skyhawk/Firenza 1st gen went up through 1989 you may see that motor in a first gen, but during the production of the 2nd gen cavy/sunbirds?
Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:49 AM
Someone did at one point boost a 2.2 TBI and got some decent power iirc. Something near the tune of 200 WHP (192 or 197 or something like that). The factory 2.0T was the 2.0 SOHC, not the OHV. It was slightly different from the N/A SOHC, and was for the first few years a 1.8. Off the top of my head the cam was different, it had forged pistons, and of course, the N/A didn't have a Garrett GT25 bolted to it.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:49 AM
As far as I know the OHV motors didn't have a factory option, if they did it's not mentioned in my Chiltons manual. Lewis OneRedry's Cavy appears to be tbi at least thats what it looks like in the pic in his registry. Slowolej's post in This Topic has alot of useful info, it's about 3/4 of the page down.

Thanks James for the quick reply

Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:33 PM
Yep. The OHV motors never had a factory turbo option.

-----
Mike

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:03 AM
wow, its been a while sine I've been on here. But yes I've boosted my 2.2 and does quite well. However I don't drive mine on a daily basis. I've been contenplating on selling it also. I've had great luck with it. I might post some pictures up here soon

here is an old picture of what it looked like. It has changed since then

**changes are here**

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:45 PM
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:wow, its been a while sine I've been on here. But yes I've boosted my 2.2 and does quite well. However I don't drive mine on a daily basis. I've been contenplating on selling it also. I've had great luck with it. I might post some pictures up here soon

What kind of power does does the 2.2 TBI make with that turbo? Is it noticeable?

-----
Mike

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:40 AM
Mike Goggin wrote:
Ryan (1REDRY) wrote:wow, its been a while sine I've been on here. But yes I've boosted my 2.2 and does quite well. However I don't drive mine on a daily basis. I've been contenplating on selling it also. I've had great luck with it. I might post some pictures up here soon

What kind of power does does the 2.2 TBI make with that turbo? Is it noticeable?

lol I sure would hope so, or else I just wasted all that money for nothing... But really, It puts 193hp at the wheels at 8psi dynojet. So yes its noticable.

**changes are here**

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:07 PM
Hello Ryan, I always thought the 2.2 would be a more reliable engine to turbocharge than the 2.0 ohc.
What injectors are you using and how did you set them up? I had this in the back of my mind for a couple years now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search