89 Sunbird Gt Conv. lkng 4 drvrs. St. Belt - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
89 Sunbird Gt Conv. lkng 4 drvrs. St. Belt
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:42 AM
Hello all,
I have just purchased an 89 Sunbird Gt convertible, and I am looking for a stock seatbelt for the front drivers seat that will not require any modification, the seatbelt currently in the car will not lock when yanked at high speed as the passenger one does, and this is a safety concern for me if I were to get into an accident and the belt did not lock, I have searched online and all I have found are universal belts, does anyone have any advice on where I could find a new seat belt retractor or a functional used one? Thanks

Re: 89 Sunbird Gt Conv. lkng 4 drvrs. St. Belt
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:24 PM
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:53 PM
Wow, that's a great site, I searched up and down the internet and I don't think I ever would have found that, thanks for the tip.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:47 PM
If not GM Parts Center, then a junkyard might be your only viable option.

-----
Mike

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:02 AM
Mike Goggin wrote:If not GM Parts Center, then a junkyard might be your only viable option.

depending on state and local laws + liability some junkyards won't sell seat belts & airbags etc...

http://www.car-part.com is a good place to look up junkyard parts.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:45 PM
Spike J wrote:depending on state and local laws + liability some junkyards won't sell seat belts & airbags etc...

I had forgotten that.

-----
Mike

Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:07 AM
Mike Goggin wrote:
Spike J wrote:depending on state and local laws + liability some junkyards won't sell seat belts & airbags etc...

I had forgotten that.

found that out 10yrs ago when I was trying to remove a seat belt buckle out of a cavy in a U Pull it junkyard that was having a clearance closing sale due to the township it was in making all junkyards illegal. One of the employees came up to me and asked if I needed help and then he seen what I was removing he said "No, I'm sorry can't let you take that. Our liabilty insurance doesn't allow us to sell seatbelts or airbags out of cars." What really sucks is all the cars they had there went straight to the crusher after they closed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search