Sunbird gauge cluster - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunbird gauge cluster
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:00 AM
I have a 93 sunbird and my guage cluster needs replaced. It is just the basic temp gauge fuel gauge speedo setup. My question is would a cluster with a oil press and volt gauge work or will I have to just replace it with what is already in it?

Re: Sunbird gauge cluster
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:16 PM
Touched base with a 2nd gen knowledge person on the cluster swap.Cavs can be done and wiring is already in place and will work.Now he was NOT sure on the birds and he pm me and will check some things and I told him to post his finds here on your post for the cluster swap from the basic cluster to a cluster with the extra gauges.Personally I would think your wiring harness is probably wired with ALL the correct stuff so if it were changed to the full gauge cluster it will be a simple change out.However this is not confirmed and maybe he can dig into it and find the right info to clarify.Ok Ron

Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:51 AM
Yeah I would think that it would work the amount of contacts on the plug on the cluster are the same on both clusters and in the same spot. I think I might grab it anyways to see if it works and if not I can always sell it here. It reads low miles 79K and is In mint condition needles, numbers, plastic lens.
Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:42 PM
Ok, I found the link-

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/guage-calibration-v6-tach-to-i4-tach-how-to-t52095.html

I can't say for 100% certain that this is the same in the 'Birds, but it is GM, so it probably is.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search