2.0 sunbird misses on cold starts and stops after a few seconds? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0 sunbird misses on cold starts and stops after a few seconds?
Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:30 PM
My 93 sunbird has a pretty nasty miss on cold starts. After about 20 seconds of idle it runs great and mont do it again until it's completely cold. I don't think it's the head because it's done this for 2 weeks and I have no coolant loss or overheating. Could it possibly be water in the fuel or a leaky injector? Any suggestions are much appreciated

Re: 2.0 sunbird misses on cold starts and stops after a few seconds?
Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:00 PM
Where to start? I might suggest go cheap new fuel filter,new plugs,wires if they are high mileage or if recently done,disregard.May be a oxygen sensor,or IAC valve.I might suggest checking the fuel pressure for real #s your application should be 41-46 psi and the injectors should register checking with a multimeter 11.8-12.6 OHMS.Your car has a schrader valve to check the psi with ease! I do not want to list too much right now.Checking these items may narrow down the issue or at least rule them out.Ok

Friday, December 09, 2011 7:06 AM
Ok I have done plugs wires checked fuel pressure (44)psi and checked the injectors (12.2 ohms). Havnt done a fuel filter yet but the severe miss on cold starts isn't as bad. So my guess it's probably the filter among some @!#$ty fuel. Thanks for all the suggestions
Saturday, December 10, 2011 7:41 PM
No problem and use some seafoam this should help.Fitler trashy or cruddy fuel maybe a combo of the two.Glad to suggest tips.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search