2nd Gen That's Been Away For Awhile - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2nd Gen That's Been Away For Awhile
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:10 AM
I feel kind of bad about being away from the board so long. I got a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP back in 2000 and that guided me over to the w-body world for a bit. In July 2009, I picked up my dream car. It's a 2009 G8 GXP with 6.2 liter LS3, Tremec TR6060 manual transmission, onyx/red two-tone interior, and no sunroof. There are only 1,829 G8 GXPs in the world, and mine is 1 of only 10 built in that configuration (I know because I've tracked down every single one of the VINs and run the G8 GXP Registry).

Back on topic. I plan to get my Sunbird back up and running and back to the track next summer. Once I add my custom headers and tune it, I hope that my 3.1 MPFI (not a hybrid setup) will be running in the 14.0-14.2 range naturally aspirated. The fastest that it ran before headers was 14.869@90.96, thru restrictive stock manifolds. I will post up pics once she's back on the track.

'93 Sunbird SE 3.1 5-speed
'09 G8 GXP Manual Transmission (White Hot, Manual Trans, Onyx/Red Interior, No Sunroof, 1 of only 10 ever built in that combination)
sunbird93racer@yahoo.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search