Looking at buying a 90Z 3500 with tons of spares... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking at buying a 90Z 3500 with tons of spares...
Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:37 PM
Org,
Since I drove the 98z 3500 I picked up for my brother I have been wanting one. The first phase gen 2 is about my favorite body style. Guy from v6z24 has one he wants to sell. The reason I post here is twofold. Slight rust over a wheel well. rocker and he has a ton of first and second gen z parts. I can pick up the spare parts with the truck if I decide to get the car. There are a ton of interior, exterior and driveline parts he is looking to get rid of. Is there anything you all need? As a third gen guy I know it has to be a lot easier for me at the yards than for the older stock!

Re: Looking at buying a 90Z 3500 with tons of spares...
Thursday, October 17, 2013 7:10 PM
Is it the red with the broke shifter cable?

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:30 PM
yeah, cable is fixed now though.

Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:31 PM
seems most of the issues were squared away.

Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:22 PM
Go for it. They sound awesom too.

ironing out the bugs
Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:59 PM
so i picked up the car. It has a slight miss it sounds like and sometimes it cuts out hard (fuel cut off?) at 3500 rpm in first or 5500 any gear. could this be because it was originally a auto car?

Re: ironing out the bugs
Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:49 PM
I doubt it. I would join v6z24.com. The should have a custom chip, probably made by super dave, scott9999, the other person on the forum who makes them. There is maybe 4 people that make them so someone will know the car and remember the tune. Are you sure its not a coil going bad? The 3500 I don't think will run on a 3.1 tune because it needs a crank trigger. I doubt someone would order an auto tune then change the car to manual. There is an in gear rev limiter and a neutral rev limiter. Best way to find out is ask the seller, or post on v6z24.com and try to get some history on the car and tune. I know it was for sale for a year or so.

Friday, November 08, 2013 5:42 AM
With it cutting out at such specific numbers on the tach, my guess would be a rev limiter in the software from having an auto trans.
Sunday, November 10, 2013 12:16 PM
I am thinking it may be a bug in the tune that was not removed. Benefit to HP TUners I suppose. It runs fine other than when it happens. I need to do some more work on it before I worry about not being able to rev super high. I need a power window switch, adjust ebrake and bleed brakes. Looking for some good winter tires, I know these swapped cars can be a handful with bad tires.

Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:16 PM
The car is OBD2? I thought it was obd1.

Monday, November 11, 2013 5:09 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:The car is OBD2? I thought it was obd1.

It isn't, the 98 could be tuned some through obd2. obd1 is almost greek to me.

on an aside are the second gen brakes normally soft? I am trying to decide if I have a brake booster vacuum issue or a lazy master on my hands.

Monday, November 11, 2013 5:53 PM
My Z is Slow (Mike) wrote:
Rob Dotterer wrote:The car is OBD2? I thought it was obd1.

It isn't, the 98 could be tuned some through obd2. obd1 is almost greek to me.

on an aside are the second gen brakes normally soft? I am trying to decide if I have a brake booster vacuum issue or a lazy master on my hands.

Yes, they are soft lol. I have been thinking about using a 3rd gen brake setup or putting in residual pressure valves like 3rd gens use. I have the NWF swap and neons on my 2nd gen and its a little better but it is still soft.

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:17 PM
The brakes worry me to no end, could you message me the details on the upgraded kit you put together? I saw the thread on v6 but real world is always better. On an aside I used to live in wyomissing, where about are you

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search