Hershey antique swap meet scores - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hershey antique swap meet scores
Wednesday, October 08, 2014 7:01 PM
I love attending the fall Hershey antique swap meet every year. The past few years I have been buying up 29 Model A parts for my barn find 2dr sedan and 26 Willys Overland touring car hot rod project. This year however stunned me with two super Cavalier scores. I snagged a set of NEW Bendix rear brake shoes for $1. That's right.... a buck. That same set sells for $27 from Summit. I scored a new white convertible top, top only though for $21. The top is made by EZ On Auto Tops. Too bad I couldn't get the top in black or find a matching back window to complete the set. While I already have one black top for my blue 89 Z24, I may put the white top on my whte 89 Z24, even though I would really like to paint that car black with a black top someday.

The weather was stellar, company fabulous, saw the lunar eclipse in the morning before sunrise and saw an eagle fly over the parking lot a few feet above the tree tops. All that combined with buying an a seldom seen Edelbrock 3x2 intake for $170 which is the low rise, big 2 barrel intake designed to fit under the hood of late 50's Crovette, it was a super awesome day with Dad!

At Carlisle last week, I saw an immensely over priced 88 or 89 RS Cavalier coupe with 11K on for $5995, marked down from $11K. The car was pretty nice, but still had some dings that was an obvious turnoff considering the asking price.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search