Bringing Sexy Back!!! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bringing Sexy Back!!!
Friday, October 07, 2016 9:36 PM
So I picked up this 94 Cavalier Z24 with 119,000 miles on it. One owner car some minor rust on top of the wheel well and at the rear quarter window. Also the one seem in the channel on the trunk rusted through and filled the spare tire well with water. There jack and rim look like they were int he bottom of the ocean but the spare tire well is still really nice.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Bringing Sexy Back!!!
Friday, October 07, 2016 9:38 PM
Installed one of my Z24 horn buttons today.

Friday, October 07, 2016 9:41 PM
Eibach Lower Springs
Metal power steering pulley
Fast Forward Underdrive Pulley

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/download,id,95337.html

Friday, October 07, 2016 9:43 PM
Installed the eibach springs and KYB shocks. ARP shock bolts

Friday, October 07, 2016 9:45 PM
Installed Jeffie's Delrin trailing arm bushings. I packed the bushings with white lithium grease.

Friday, October 07, 2016 9:47 PM
Installed the rear trailing arm. Removed the exhaust, came out surprising easy all in one piece. The struggles of draining coolant without a drain port. Installed two new Sumitomo Tour Plus LSI tires on the rear. 205/65/15

Friday, October 07, 2016 9:48 PM
New:
Balljoints
Inner Tie Rod Bushings
3qts of Syncromesh
3 Output Shaft Seals
Custom 6x9 Rear Metal Speaker Mounting Brackets
Shadowmount Trailer Hitch

Friday, October 07, 2016 9:50 PM
Installed the new inner tie rod bushings. These are so much cheaper then buy new rods. Also freed up the adjustment sleeves and neverseized them. Does anyone know if there is suppose to be some oil inside the boot on the steering rack? I saw some in there and I am not sure if there is a leak or if it is normal. I know the car was full of fluid when I removed the engine.

Friday, October 07, 2016 9:52 PM
Installed the Eibach front springs. Had no idea the upper strut mount was different between an 89 and 94, that turned into a nightmare since I broke my spring compressor in the process. Installed the outer tie rods. Installed the metal power steering pulley. It is slightly larger than the stock plastic one.

Friday, October 07, 2016 10:15 PM
My passenger cv axle boot was tore. The replacement manual boot listing was 1/2" too wide. I bought an auto and it seems a little short and I had the stretch it over the axle and the cup. Hopefully it holds. Bolted the engine to the trans. My clutch still looked brand new and it should as there is less than 100 miles on this thing. Installed the jack shaft. Cut up my front mount and redesigned it to fit the ac compressor and fix the angle. I only used one of the two mount bolts before. Installed the engine. Also found a strut brace for it. Got my dual exhaust ready to go on.

Sunday, October 09, 2016 3:29 AM
Great work Rob, aftermarket boots dont seem to fit right no matter where you get them ftom......had to same problem with my right inner boot.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:26 PM
Installed the throttle cable for the swap and installed my custom chip.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:28 PM
Picked up a set of 3100 coolant pipes to go to the heater core from a 94 grand am. Hopefully I can tap my 3500 lower intake to 1/2NPT to use them. Also the delete the coolant lines to the throttle body. Also picked up a set of 3400 grand am fuel lines. I grabbed a set of heat shields because apparently mine disappeared. I taped the hose up, wire wheeled them, and then painted them. They cleaned up very nicely. Also picked up a random intake tube which will hopefully fit my stock air box. Grabbed another 3400 throttle bracket since I stole my old one for my fiero.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:30 PM
Installed the grand am fuel lines. I also put loom on the hoses to protect them like factory. I precision machined the fitting using my hand drill. Now the coolant sensor fits in further. i also had to bend the fuel lines around the sensor. I wish there was a better way to do this. I need a way to bolt the coolant tube and fuel lines to the head but my head is missing the lower bolt hole. I tapped the thermostat housing port to 1/2npt and threaded the 3100 coolant adapter and had to force the coolant tube in because it is on an angle.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:33 PM
Installed the coolant hoses. I used a straight piece of hose I may change in case the engine rocks. The grand am one was bubbling. I used the grand am one on the other side and may shorten it. I managed to get the fuel lines around the coolant sensor. I hope I can find a way to make them not rub.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:35 PM
Lower on eibachs! Engine install almost complete.
Video in HD:

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:37 PM
Installed my lower radiator hose off my old car. I realized my new car the mount must have been rubbing on it. Installed my shadow mount hitch. Is this the correct way to install it? i would have thought it would have went on the inside of the frame but it was too wide. Installed the exhaust and realized the exhaust hits the gas tank because the tank capacity changed from 13.2 gallons to 15.2 gallons from 1989 to 1994. Now I have the cut the exhaust up and change it.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:38 PM
Here is a comparison between the NVG flywheel cover and the HM282. The HM282 is the bottom one. They are also shaped slightly different and one goes higher on the oil pan.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:41 PM
Rear shot

Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:10 PM
Made a new exhaust hanger for the passenger side. installed my rear 3400 heat shield. Wrapped the downpipe with titanium header wrap. Installed an o2 sensor where my wideband was below. Need to find a way to remove the o2 sensor from my rear exhaust manifold. My steering rack was hitting it slighly in my old car. Installed the trunk liner from my 1989 since the 1994 had water damage from the trunk filling with water. Still need to find a good one since this one has some water damage, just not as bad or moldy. Please tell me if the hitch is installed wrong, or maybe I will find out by trial and error. I cannot believe there is no pictures of this thing installed. Also does anyone know if the 3400 heat shield will fit over the 3500 exhaust gasket on the rear? Ive been trying to force mine on.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 10:11 PM
Dual exhaust clip

HD Clip:

Monday, October 24, 2016 9:32 PM
After four days of trying my fuel filter finally broke loose. Wired in the 3 wire coolant temperature sensor. Installed the spare tire and tire iron. Picked up a set of energy suspension 30mm swaybar bushings part number 3.5170G. I need to find a new jack. I need to come up with a muffler setup. This this is ungodly loud. Anyone install a muffler before the axle, does it change the sound versus after? What is the 3400 flange hole size?

Monday, October 24, 2016 9:37 PM
Picked up a 71.5" belt part number 5060705. This works for the metal power steering pulley, FFU pulley, and ac. My coolant tube quick connect was leaking so I got a new one, the part number is Dorman 800-401. I did a crude alignment and added as much camber as I could. Ill fix it when I get to redo the control arms because they are modified for the N body front brakes.

Monday, October 24, 2016 10:14 PM
Here are some videos of it running.

Monday, October 24, 2016 10:17 PM
Redid the brakes on the car. Ground down the spindle where the brakes slide, cleaned up the caliper and caliper slides. Had to change the drivers side slide boots, old ones tore. Installed a set of Hawk HPS pads. Turned the rotors down because of rust. Had to replace the wheel bearings. The calipers were keeping the wheel bearings together. I grease everything!!!! They work amazing now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search