New project/driver - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New project/driver
Sunday, August 12, 2018 12:48 PM
Hey all, i posted a while back thinking my second gen days were over! Then i found the 91 devin had posted here, cheers! I do have an 89 parts car that is being stripped now to make room lol. Anyway good to be back around, hopefully bug’n you guys alot this winter, Cheers!
Attachments
6E0948E3-7654-451E-A738-F33C5AC8EC0C.jpeg (1205k)

Re: New project/driver
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:01 AM
Looks to be in really good shape, nice find.
Good luck with the project.
Friday, August 24, 2018 4:54 PM
Thx, i’ll try to get as many pics as im working on on things
Friday, October 19, 2018 2:41 AM
Maybe i'll be interested in some parts, PM incoming!

https://www.salvage-parts.com
Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:51 PM
He there people greatings. My name is Daniel I live in Panama, I am about to revive my drag sunfire proyect and I want your expert enthusiast opinion, and I will really apreciate if you shared some threads with me that can help me with my build. I will start my story with a link in whick you will find the activity the car had. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUgdZzPj_bc9UqhJWoQkRVg .Well the story begins in middle 2015. I have a 99 coupe Sunfire with a 96 LD9 with the isuzu manual transmision. The car was bone stock and I ran on my first pass a misserable 17.5s on the 1/4 mile because I slipped 3rd. The car was an inmediate joke because it was too slow (buy the way till the day it is the only J Body material that has touched this track) and the dude that talks the numbers and times gave him a horrible nickname ¨El Carrito de la Competencia¨ which translates about to the slowest toy at the event. The second pass came on and these time was much better, it was a 16.1, know I was still the joke but at least I entered the the slowest category whick was 16 to 17 sec. The category went on and I got the second place, I was beat by inches by the corrolla you can see on the first video of my first youtube channel. These made me start to improve the car with what I could arround. For the next drag race the first things I replaced were a bit stupid... for starting you know.... I threw in a stage 3 clutch kit and 130 octane gas (not even a KAI)... Almost no improvement from a constant 16.1 to a constant 16.0.... and wrecking of all the stock mounts and suspension, even shocks.... Either way these time I won the 1st place at the category. Was these story is long so I will cut these part here and continue in other post not to bore you to dead.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search