Window Run Channels? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Window Run Channels?
Sunday, September 23, 2018 12:39 PM
Does anyone know of a universal run channel that can be made to replace the ones in all 4 doors of a wagon/sedan?
I need something that will fit well in the frames. I can use my old metal runners that go along the back of the channels, but need the rubber channels. I seem to recall seeing some posted somewhere a while back. I didn't save the link though, since I never imagined I'd have a wagon at that time.
I've been searching the web a good bit today looking for anything that I thought might work. But as I figure most people have seen, the search engines have taken a dump over the last few years.

Anyway, I would appreciate hearing form anyone that has found good alternative channels to use as replacements.

Re: Window Run Channels?
Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:01 AM
I may have found what I was looking for.
https://www.steelerubber.com/channel-weatherstripping
Most likely something they make will work, at least for the channel. The finished sides of the frame will require some ingenuity on my part though.

This company is located in Denver, NC. Just so happens I will be up their way for a few days in November. I'll go by and check them out, taking one of the old run channels with me to best match up something. I feel quite sure I can come up with a solution. I'll be sure to update this thread with my results, for anyone else that may need the information.
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 5:05 PM
I got two rolls of the channels and some edge trim for the frames inside lip. They don't make any with the edge trim on one side, like the originals have. However, the channels themselves matched up with the originals quite nicely. I haven't checked the fit of them yet, but will do that sometime this weekend. I'll try to get pictures showing how they fit and if the edge trim will work. If they do work out okay, I'll list the part numbers and contact info.
Saturday, December 01, 2018 9:18 AM
They fit perfectly. Edge trim also will work fine.
Here you can see them.

Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:11 PM
That's a great little video!! It's also wonderful you've discovered this material - everyone gonna face this problem as time marches on.

I kept hoping I'd get to see you show off your ride there. Darn!! Maybe better luck next time.

Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:43 PM
I have some videos of it on my youtube channel.
Here is a walkaround of the exterior.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0yNcsYsDdk

There are a few others of the interior, and underneath it. It has been too hot to enjoy messing with it, until now. I'll get some work done to it in the now that winter is here.

Another project I'm working on it to cast new lower rear spring seats (bumpers). The originals are pretty dry rotted and I was unable to find replacements. I'll cast them out of polyurethane. The modeling clay came today, so I hope to start working on making a piece mold tomorrow.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search