TH125C Cooling Lines - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TH125C Cooling Lines
Thursday, April 30, 2020 5:52 AM
Anybody replace cooling lines 2nd gen with a TH125C? What did you use? Did you have to bend your own lines or did you buy an after-market set? If you used after-market, what brand and part number. Thanks in advance.

Re: TH125C Cooling Lines
Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:53 AM
the lower is 624-032 in Dorman, they don't make the upper. I made my own using the tubing bending machine in our shop.
Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:59 AM
Thanks. Do you remember the fitting sizes and tube length that you used for the upper? Did you need to flare the line or did you buy an off the shelf line that just needed to be bent? I do have a tubing bender that I used to make a rear brake line in the past.
Thursday, April 30, 2020 4:57 PM
Is it just the hose or metal line that's bad?

Hose can be remade anywhere the do hydraulic hoses.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Friday, May 01, 2020 11:53 AM
Metal portions close to where the battery is are showing surface rust.
Friday, May 01, 2020 5:13 PM
Happened to me, caused a pinhole, luckly I had spares that came on the used trans.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Monday, April 05, 2021 8:21 AM
On the trans side, you can also use 1/2-20 inverted flare to AN fittings. Maybe useful info when you can no longer find the original lines.
I'm doing this with 6AN line and an external cooler with AN fittings on that end.

• 86 Skyhawk wagon : 2.0SOHC swap, Megasquirt, 20SEH cam
• 93 Sunbird sedan : 2.0SOHC, Microsquirt, ported head, 10:1
• 88 Sunbird coupe : 2.0SOHC, turbo project car, giant tires
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search