The Gravana Coilover Thread (Troubleshooting, etc) - Page 8 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Gravana Coilover Thread (Troubleshooting,
Thursday, September 14, 2006 7:22 PM
Machzel08 wrote:mounts are prob gone, i replaced mine and all those problems went away

Well it was partly that but I had camber plates put on. We took off teh passenger side that was poping looed aroudn found nothing. THen reinstalled it and noticed that the strut was toping out a little. B7G told me there is nothign wrong with that but bottomin them out is bad. SO we put it all back in did a final look over it all and I was on my way home. Nothign clunks now so dunno what it was but its fixed now I can't wiat till I get my solid rear mounts in should be pretty soon

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 7:37 PM
ok, I found a guy selling a set of these in AG and I'm interested but trying to do some homework.. there are alot of pages here and I dont have alot of time to read thru everything, and it seems like a question or 2 that I have has been neglected..

1.. how far can you drop the ride height?

2.. I was reading that the bolt holes on the lower end of the strut mount (where it bolts to the brake bracket) can be wallowed out to make camber adjustments.. but what about toe-in or out? how is that fixed?

I've got a 'o0+, so I'm not concerned about the upper mounts, but does anyone have install tips? I've swapped suspensions on all my Cavaliers, but have never done full coilovers.. just strut/spring combos or cheapy eBay coilovers. any pointers would help greatly

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:20 PM
The Black Pearl wrote:ok, I found a guy selling a set of these in AG and I'm interested but trying to do some homework.. there are alot of pages here and I dont have alot of time to read thru everything, and it seems like a question or 2 that I have has been neglected..

1.. how far can you drop the ride height?

2.. I was reading that the bolt holes on the lower end of the strut mount (where it bolts to the brake bracket) can be wallowed out to make camber adjustments.. but what about toe-in or out? how is that fixed?

I've got a 'o0+, so I'm not concerned about the upper mounts, but does anyone have install tips? I've swapped suspensions on all my Cavaliers, but have never done full coilovers.. just strut/spring combos or cheapy eBay coilovers. any pointers would help greatly

1 you can drop it further than you would ever want

2. toe is adjusted by tie rods, which would be done when you get the car alligned

cant help you on the upper mounts i have mcmoney camper plates

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, December 14, 2009 12:18 PM
awesome, thanks Fetter are camber plates mandatory with these things? I know the imports almost always need them but I've heard it rare with j-bodies to need them. this would be the first out of 5 of my Cavis that have been lowered to need them

Monday, December 14, 2009 12:19 PM
awesome, thanks Fetter are camber plates mandatory with these things? I know the imports almost always need them but I've heard it rare with j-bodies to need them. this would be the first out of 5 of my Cavis that have been lowered to need them

Monday, December 14, 2009 5:20 PM
I had these for a while. Did a 2"(ish) drop on stock mounts. I had to dremel out the lower strut bolt holes to allow for camber adjustment.

Then I did a larger drop. Don't know the actual amount. I had installed OEM's solid upper mounts with camber adjustment. I probably didn't need them but it was much easier to adjust camber on the alignment machine.

Most imports need camber mounts because they do not have a way to adjust from the factory.
Monday, December 14, 2009 5:59 PM
not required but it seems the gravanas arent set up correctly for camber, my plates are all the way neg. and im at .5 pos. still... so you will have to do something about camber.

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:55 AM
thanks for the tips guys, I feel a lil better about getting these. with the kinda drop i'm wanting to achieve (I wanna tuck my 18s past the tread on the tire.. I know, its sketchy), I figured the camber would be out at that point anyway

OEM, as in, Overkill? how many options do I have as far as camber plates?

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:35 PM
OEM as in overkill. From what I've heard McMoney used to make them, but I think OEM is the only option right now.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 4:44 PM
ok cool, I'll PM the guy. thanks Choo

Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:41 PM
Can I get anyone to respond to this thread please!? Lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search