Broken RKSport control arms - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Broken RKSport control arms
Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:44 AM
I believe that this has happened in the past, but can't seem to find the exact posts on it. For any one who has had this happen, what has been RKSport's response when approached about a replacement / refund?

This is quite scary that this could happen. Just to have the steel shear like that is unacceptable. I showed it to a couple millwrights and welders, and they were pretty shocked that they would break like that. Any quality steel should deform before ripping apart.

My car made a wild dive for the ditch when it broke, but luckily I stayed on the road.

Re: Broken RKSport control arms
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:17 AM
Pics aren't working. I'd like to see what they look like after breaking apart. Was it at the weld? I'll see if I can find that post about them from before.

Sorry to hear about the accident. You and the car are OK right?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:52 AM
Ack! Bad MSN! Bad!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:56 AM
Crappy...
Can you see the pictures now? How does everyone else host pictures?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:12 AM
that happens to ALL of theres

ask event

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:28 AM
Didn't Event and I tell you to stay away from those?

Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:03 AM
I can see the pix.

Holy crap! I had heard about those being discontinued, but never actually saw one that was damaged...

Glad to hear that you were able to keep the car under control.

L8r...

*** Need some 1995 Cavalier parts ???
*** FOR SALE: doors, windows, interior, engine parts, fenders, etc. -- email me!
Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:20 AM
I believe RK is attemting to remake them...stronger
Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:59 AM
i think rk gave up on the whole thing

the last arms they made were square or rectangular

pretty much youll get have a nice day from rk , and nothing else

but depends on when you bought them and if you got the new , and from them or 1 of their retailers

or off ebay from someone that sold theirs cause they didnt want to deal with them breaking , which pretty much your difinetly screwed on purchasing them 2nd hand

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:16 PM
I bought them direct from RKSport, through their website.

I'm sure missing these though. With the stock arms back on the feedback from the front end definitely feels more vague.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:26 PM
Call RKSport directly 800-214-8030 . . .

I still have a set on my sunfire but I have yet to have any problems with them... I guess that maybe do to the fact that I dont daily drive my car and it does not hit bumps in the road to cause stress to break them . . . .

Good Luck with it . . . .

Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:41 PM
Call RK They will either give you a set of the square ones (which haven't had any problems, yet) or refund you (though it may be in store credit).

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:07 AM
HOLY CRAP ! I know what I'm not wanting anymore.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, December 16, 2005 11:58 AM
Jackalope wrote:HOLY CRAP ! I know what I'm not wanting anymore.

I saw some pics last year, i came to the same conclusion. Go figure, it breaks right after the welds.

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:44 PM
Sue them for emotional trauma. Thats just as bad as Mantapart.

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:55 PM
Yeah no @!#$, they're just asking for a lawsuit.

@!#$ RKSPORT. Sadly enough Eric is right, they'll tell you to have a nice day. Their customer service department can go right to hell, I've had nothing but bad dealings with them despite being calm and patient.

That kind of craftsmanship can kill people and wreck vehicles. They should pay dearly for releasing such products.

Friday, December 16, 2005 12:57 PM
El Fuego ( the unstable ) wrote:
Jackalope wrote:HOLY CRAP ! I know what I'm not wanting anymore.

I saw some pics last year, i came to the same conclusion. Go figure, it breaks right after the welds.

Same here. There's just nothing about the handling advantage that can possibly be worth the risk of that happening. It's downright frightening!

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:27 PM
WoW I must have missed the post from last year. I am so glad that I saw this cause I was really thinking about picking them up. Don't you think that they would have a recall or more of a warning on such of a product. I mean a break in the control arm on a highway can be well you know. And that would open up a law suit they wouldnt win. Damn that is really bad.

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:33 PM
scary looking, the past problems they have had made me stay far far away from them, or they'd already be in one of my j's.

Friday, December 16, 2005 5:44 PM
man that baby snapped off pretty clean.think god you and your car are okay.
later James

Friday, December 16, 2005 8:15 PM
worst part is rk isnt the company that made them

they just contracted the work for them to get made

which is why i think rk wont do anything about them

and im with karo , and thinking he s/f being a race car only is why they are still intact

Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:40 AM
I still find them equally at fault here, they're the ones distributing them under the RK name............................I mean honestly......what does RK make themselves?

Saturday, December 17, 2005 6:44 AM
Well G.M. doesn't make the parts that go into building the cars but we still say they are built by Chevy and not the contractor who makes the part itself. If RK puts their name on it then its their's and they should sack up and either demand the contractor use higher quaility materials or stop selling something that is a lawsuite waiting to happen.
Let someones car get wrecked or someone get hurt, or god forbid killed and RK is done. They would get sued for all they are worth regardless of any disclaimers they think may be good enough it won't be if someone gets killed as a direct result of the parts they are selling. If you think I'm wrong please reference the Firestone tires being sued for the Explorers roll overs.

RK better get their sh-t together before someone gets hurt. Cars can be fixed we can't.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 6:53 AM
Exactly. I don't understand why so many people support RK still. They've turned to garbage, their customer service is horrible from my own experience along with others, the majority of their parts aren't even made by them, just labeled with their name and jacked up in price. Sad. They have quite a bit competition now and they just seem to ignore it. Instead they've spread their garbage to other makes/models.

I normally support anyone whom supports this industry, but as wrong as it may sound, I look forward to RK's failure as a company.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 8:14 AM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:Exactly. I don't understand why so many people support RK still. They've turned to garbage, their customer service is horrible from my own experience along with others, the majority of their parts aren't even made by them, just labeled with their name and jacked up in price. Sad. They have quite a bit competition now and they just seem to ignore it. Instead they've spread their garbage to other makes/models.

I normally support anyone whom supports this industry, but as wrong as it may sound, I look forward to RK's failure as a company.

X2

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search