The Gravana Coilover Thread (Troubleshooting, etc) - Page 3 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The Gravana Coilover Thread (Troubleshooting,
Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:07 AM
My front has 1 inch wheel gap and I hadn't had any rubbing issues with my IF front. The rear has an 1.25 inch wheel gap and I would smack my mufflers every now and then.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:50 AM
just a quick questiong, what color are your front springs, mine are black, but in the picture on gravanas web site they are grey, just wondering if yours were black too.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2092536
Monday, January 16, 2006 11:57 AM
mine are black. i believe the pictures on gravanas site are the prototypes

Monday, January 16, 2006 12:00 PM
yup black springs , i know my fronts had 2006 on them , not sure what # the rears are

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:48 AM
currrently i have the rears on only cause i got a bad front strut, but jim fixed that just got to send the bad on back to him. but i put my strut half in the perch and then did the adjustment from there with the spring my car is sitting the same as it was b4 about an 1-1.5" gap in the rear and they ride perfect, i still have my manta sucks on the front, but the ride feels very solid and i cant wait to get the fronts on and get a better ride with out the strut smacking the mounts...

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:54 AM
They were sent to you bad?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:02 AM
Brandon,
Have you had the car up to higher speeds yet? My cars ride seemed perfect until I was doing 65-70 and when I hit a bump, the car was still solid but man was it harsh. I pre-loaded the springs a little more but haven't checked to see if that helped out yet.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:38 PM
ive had mine to 105 and no problems with ride or bumps

allthough the drag strip is pretty smooth at the end

the ride on mine seams to be softening up the more i drive it

and it wasnt to bad before

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:39 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:currrently i have the rears on only cause i got a bad front strut, but jim fixed that just got to send the bad on back to him. but i put my strut half in the perch and then did the adjustment from there with the spring my car is sitting the same as it was b4 about an 1-1.5" gap in the rear and they ride perfect, i still have my manta sucks on the front, but the ride feels very solid and i cant wait to get the fronts on and get a better ride with out the strut smacking the mounts...

oil leaking form the base??? i had that problem

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:29 PM
hey, how do u guys adjust your struts? jsut by finger or did it come with a knob??

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:41 PM
Machzel08 wrote:hey, how do u guys adjust your struts? jsut by finger or did it come with a knob??

there is a knob on top that you twist to adjust the dampening. i think clockwise is stiff and counterclockwise is soft

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:45 PM
damn.... lotsa problems.. hello tein SS's

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:17 PM
alias1429 wrote:
Machzel08 wrote:hey, how do u guys adjust your struts? jsut by finger or did it come with a knob??

there is a knob on top that you twist to adjust the dampening. i think clockwise is stiff and counterclockwise is soft

its just a little rod though right?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:10 PM
Its directly on the top. Where your nut is on the mount it should be right above there.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:36 PM
its about a 1/4" round knob

you have to screw the nut down that holds the strut mount to the strut , so you cant miss it

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:37 AM
zach i have not had any harshness at all with them, i still need to install the fronts to get a complete ride, but the rears seem pretty good ill mess with them more as the weather gets warmer but they are good right now, my front strut was blown when i recieved it you puss the strut rod down and it wouldnt come up, as for the oil on the struts when i talked to jim yesturday he said he recieved about 6 struts back due to the oil on them and they all checked out they get oil on them when getting built and the oil isnt getting wiped off

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:13 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:as for the oil on the struts when i talked to jim yesturday he said he recieved about 6 struts back due to the oil on them and they all checked out they get oil on them when getting built and the oil isnt getting wiped off

yeah he told me that it was jsut assembly oil. I fully believe him but for a thousand dollars he can afford to wipe them down properly.

as for the adjustment knob, i dotn want anyone to think im an idiot i just wanted to make sure that it didnt come with a knob like konis do. i've been adjusting them by the rod, just wanted to make sure.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:39 PM
Machzel08 wrote:
Boosted2point4 wrote:as for the oil on the struts when i talked to jim yesturday he said he recieved about 6 struts back due to the oil on them and they all checked out they get oil on them when getting built and the oil isnt getting wiped off

yeah he told me that it was jsut assembly oil. I fully believe him but for a thousand dollars he can afford to wipe them down properly.

as for the adjustment knob, i dotn want anyone to think im an idiot i just wanted to make sure that it didnt come with a knob like konis do. i've been adjusting them by the rod, just wanted to make sure.

Not to defend anyone or choose sides but I wouldn't doubt him looking to see all parts were there and shipping them straight out to us since we were all hounding him so bad after the first batch came in to get them. I think its kindly wrong to thing someone should wipe something down 100% clean to send it out when its something like that.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:44 PM
well jim told me that they are getting shipped to b&g to be looked over b4 they are sent out to the customer, he said that whats wrong with mine is the first hes heard of that kind of problem, hopefully in 2 weeks ill get the fronts on and get it aligned and start adjusting

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:32 PM
Was you box damaged or anything like that when you received it?

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:55 PM
the one strut was poking threw the box, not sure if it was that one or not. but also on the same bad strut the adjustment dail deal on top was loose and i could unscrew it all the way out if i wanted to

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:10 PM
Perhaps damaged in shipping? It sucks about your luck though. Unfortunately with any new product its bound to happen, it just sucks you had to be one of the people to find out. Hopefully you get a new strut back soon.

My one question is this; why in the world is there only 19 clicks of adjustment and not 32?

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:11 PM
i think it was suppose to be 16 on each one, so like 32 in the front, or 32 on a side, so basically 16 on each strut. but mine has 19 too. i dont know why.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:14 PM
heres what it says on the gravana web site

Each shock incorporates 32 levels of damping adjustment (16 clicks adjusting both compression & rebound on each click), allowing you to dial in the best combination of rebound and compression for any driving environment. Click settings 1-4 are excellent for most street environments. 5-8 are for the more aggressive drivers, looking for the competitive edge. 9-12 is for the driver who wants track-level performance for that smooth mountain road or even Autocross. Levels 13-16 are for those of us who like to wake up on a Saturday morning, bypass breakfast and coffee, and load our helmets in the car for a day at the track,

but i have no idea why they have 19 clicks

Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:24 AM
zach jim already took care of it, im just waiting for enough time to work on the car, but yea once i called jim everything got taken care of very fast had the new one in 4 days which is standard shipping from cali to mo

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search