rksport tubelar a-arms - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rksport tubelar a-arms
Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:40 PM
hey i wanted to know if anyone else had problems with them, i have had them for about a year and they have both broke on me, they snaped down the middle, cheap parts i had to weld them back but now the car feels like it has a mind of it own when driving..let me know, that alot of money for parts that break on you after a year

silversuperman09

Re: rksport tubelar a-arms
Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:55 PM
those a-arms are notorious for breaking. but dont feel so bad, i have an 05 cav 5spd w/o reverse

Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:56 PM
There has been a few posts about them snapping or breaking just like how you described. This is also why RK dosn't sell them anymore. Good idea, but they just cannot take the stress it seems.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:39 PM
alredy posted my pics twice....

http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?f=3&search=badrightpassarm.jpg&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=0&threadtype=&fldbody=1

it nothing new, like said, plenty of posts on em warning people NOT to buy em... but people still do...

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:13 PM
You acutally paid money for something that is of lower quality than stock parts Hope your happy with your purchase.

RK Sport is one of the worst businesses I've ever come in contact with.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 4:14 PM
RK will take them back and buy you stock ones (if you don't have the old ones). Call them. Take them off your car before you kill yourself.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:08 PM
Ok I have a question has anyon ever brought these and NOT have them break in half or whatever or has EVERY set ever made broken?

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:32 PM
considering the first set was made in design one..... then there was a recall which i still have the letter from 2003, sitting on my desk...

design number two was sent out, and those were the ones with the heim joint rear area... those where the ones that cracked....well F that... snapped on me...

then they did another design with square tubing....same thing happened.

so basically sooner or later, they all crack under stress. and considering how cheap most people are, chances are they didnt sell many sets at near 400$. you cant even get people here to get themselves a decent suspension much less an addition thats really not needed.

so far theres been more than 10 reports on here of broken ones...

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:07 AM
I have a set of them on our drag car....... they came with the car I bought from Karo..... Havnt broke yet, but it only has about 100miles on them (since I got them)

I was thinking about having my set duplicated by a Circle Track race shop by me..... he makes some pretty awsome tube frames and roll cages..... just havnt gotten around to it yet.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, February 03, 2006 4:41 AM

I've had a set on my Vert. since Jan. '03 put over 20,000mi. on them and never had a problem...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Friday, February 03, 2006 7:52 AM
rk might not warrenty them since he has tried to weld them back together

but the last guy that broke a set , they did help out with some replacement parts

Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:55 PM
dude franco i havent talked to you in ages man! you still have the sunfire? hit me up dude!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search