Noise? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Noise?
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:37 AM
Just put on a complete coilover and aftermarket strut kit. But everytime i hit a bump it makes a knock, sounds like the shock is compressing fully everytime. The ride is very smooth, but it is a continous knocking or banging on every little bump and it is very annoying? did i do something wrong or what? help

Re: Noise?
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:35 AM
What Coilovers do you have and what Struts are you using?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:29 AM
did you change your mounts? is the noise coming from the top of the suspension?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:28 PM
I bought the dropzone package off ebay. Struts and coilovers. I forgot to mention its only coming from the front. its only when i hit bumps that will like drop my tires real quick. not humps in the road more like sharp drops, or cracks. it kinda is beginning to sound unsafe
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:25 PM
you bought ebay coilovers thats why
take them off before you kill yourself

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:25 PM
Sounds like it's bottoming out to me. My $0.02

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:35 AM
there is no such thing as "ebay" coilovers, ebay doesnt make them. the companies do. so your telling me if i bought tein s off ebay that they suck and i would kill myself?

im lookin for answers to my problem, not bad talk bout what i bought. thanks
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:10 AM
are you using stock struts?
and in your registry it says MRC coilover/strut kit
so which is it? ground controls or MRC?

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 2:45 AM
chev_cav04 wrote:there is no such thing as "ebay" coilovers, ebay doesnt make them. the companies do. so your telling me if i bought tein s off ebay that they suck and i would kill myself?

im lookin for answers to my problem, not bad talk bout what i bought. thanks

You're correct. When people say "ebay parts" they are refering to the million no name sellers on ebay who sell crappy parts for cars that say they are top quality or that they even fit for an extremely cheap price.

Let me ask you, how much did this suspension set cost you?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 4:07 AM
im stayin' out of this

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:19 AM
$362 is what it cost. Mad racing concepts sells them. they are made by dropzone.

Monday, March 13, 2006 8:23 PM
i understand what you are going through my car right now has about 3k miles on them since i put the "no name" coil overs on it they came with crappy no instructions tons and i have a feeling one of three things is happening...
1. the mount is knocking because it is broken (the stock spring seat is coming lose and bouncing around)
2. the strut is bottoming out like mine
3. the coil overs are binding or going to full compression and not allowing the suspension to travel anymore..

please anyone who knows anything about this topic coming from a neutral poit of view not someone who has dumped a lot of money into their suspension i have college loans to currently pay hence why i can't go alll out...

(plus many people whos cars i am working on are getting caught for racing...)

thanks guys... later
Monday, March 13, 2006 9:45 PM
I think maybe my problem might be that my front is too low. If it is true what some are saying that the dropzone struts are just re-badged stock struts then they are not made for a drop and right now my front is dropped about 2.5inches from stock. So maybe if I raise it a little it will eliminate the noise.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search