Dropzone suspension review - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Dropzone suspension review
Sunday, March 12, 2006 3:54 PM
I have the coilovers/strut kit from dropzone. The wheel gap in the back still is to much. Its adjustability in the rear is not enough. I still have an 1 1/2 inch gap where the fronts sit almost on the tires.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:27 PM
chev_cav04 wrote:I have the coilovers/strut kit from dropzone. The wheel gap in the back still is to much. Its adjustability in the rear is not enough. I still have an 1 1/2 inch gap where the fronts sit almost on the tires.

Is the rear coilover sleeve sitting on the spring perch or is the spring perch removed as it should be for a proper coilover install?

I suppose it would be... if they were proper coilovers.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:34 AM
i had a dropzone suspension one my last cavi and it was bouncy and ended up sending my struts through my strut towers and put one hell of a big dent in my hood. that was just my experience and i only had them on for like 2 months.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:58 AM
want a review message me ive had them now for 6 years put 116,000 on em ..

Friday, March 17, 2006 3:24 PM
Fried Chicken and Gasoline wrote:want a review message me ive had them now for 6 years put 116,000 on em ..

You should seriously post up your experiences with them. Let everyone know. I'm still likng them and the roads in Denver, Co are not the greatest!

I'll have a sig someday..............
Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:20 AM
Mine almost killed me and my daughter, as i had to corner harder than they could handle swerving for a drunk driver. That is why i am waiting for my tein super street set up from jason. These springs are horribly bouncy on any strut, ive tried gr2's.......blown. Ive tried agx.......blown. So i figured id quit being expiremental with dropzone, and spend the money on the good stuff.
Saturday, March 18, 2006 6:00 PM
I'd also like to note that I installed them myself. I had a wall mounted strut compresser, proper tools, a lift and even set it to factory torque settings for the mounting bolts. Perks of being a tech...

They were just the springs on stock shocks too, not the coil over inserts. Back in late '01 there were not a lot of quality shock alternatives that were strait up stock style replacements. The Koni's were inserts, I believe. I haven't kept up with the new stuff since I got rid of my car though...

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:50 PM
sscavalier wrote:Mine almost killed me and my daughter, as i had to corner harder than they could handle swerving for a drunk driver. That is why i am waiting for my tein super street set up from jason. These springs are horribly bouncy on any strut, ive tried gr2's.......blown. Ive tried agx.......blown. So i figured id quit being expiremental with dropzone, and spend the money on the good stuff.

Been away from this forum for a while now. Well, I think that the struts you used aren't really rated to take the drop of the dropzones, I would say the D-Spec or Koni Yellow would be a better choice. The car still is going strong, but we'll see. I like the look of the car with the drop. It seems to have settled a bit in the front and has definitely gotten better through time. I'm about 2500 miles beyond installation right now and it is working well. I did have a couple of questions that I am posting on a different forum however.

Th springs are doing well and I love the drop. Performance wise, it conrers much better than before, not bouncing through the turns like before. Combined with my control arm bushings, plus size tires, and strut bars it is handling beautifully for the street. This probably won't see any more track duty until I get something else for my Fiancee (Blazer or Cherokee).

Keep posted if you are at all interested in what is going on with the car.

Monday, April 17, 2006 8:33 PM
i got these dropzone shocks to run with my sprint springs........ if they crap out, i'll take advantage of their life time warranty....
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:52 AM
and they will "crap out" again and again and again. then your wasting money getting your car aglined everytime you do replace the struts

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:10 PM
we'll see i guess.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:57 PM
it really amazes me at how people are willing to spend money to keep replacing when they could have done it right i bet some people have spent more money trying something else than doing what is right. I know i have in past now unless i do it right i am not doing it.

Next i get will not get any suspension work done unless it can be done correctly first time.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:11 PM
Well, these things have certianly got a bad reputation on this site. However, mine are still holding up fine. These will be fine until I get enough saved to buy a new setup, possibly some coil-overs. We will see how hondas sell this summer and then I will be able to give a more accuarate assessment.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:01 PM
Im bringin this back from the dead but anyone think these springs will be fine on Tokico D specs?.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:45 PM
NO!! Why risk it. Those struts are expensive! Get some nice eibachs.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:31 PM
any reviews form someone who has had the strut and spring combo for more than a month. would really like to know. Other sites people have nothing but good things to say....but then again a few sites are even harsher on them then on here. just wondering.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:48 AM
Tim Costello wrote:any reviews form someone who has had the strut and spring combo for more than a month. would really like to know. Other sites people have nothing but good things to say....but then again a few sites are even harsher on them then on here. just wondering.

if you searced you would know they are horrible. you cant compare 2 different cars suspensions.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:11 AM
If you search, you will find out they are not worth purchasing. A long time ago someone commented they looked like rebadged Gabriel struts. So you are essentially buying OEM replacements.
Also, as said you can't compare one car to the other. Save your money, do it right the first time, some of us are speaking from experience. As i have personally said from my past modding experience, i will not do any suspension mod unless it is done properly and that is speaking from someone who had done Eibach and OEM, Intrax and OEM, driven in a bunch of cars with bad suspension, and when i finally drove in cars with good suspension i realized how bad my car and the other cars were riding.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:27 PM
do we really expect people to actually search or fully read things on here? its been almost 10 years of this site, most of the same products have been around and everyday a new fool is born...or signs up....

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:38 PM
ok.. i did search and read a few threads. also i check a few sites where people with OUR cars talked about them. earlier in this thread people were talking about them after only a few months if not weeks and i just wanted to know if anyone even had them last longer than that. also as im sure its been said before if everyone decided against posting a new thread when they had a question whether to search for a much older thread or because they are too afraid to post because someone might give them a hard time then wouldnt this site just die? I did search, i didnt compare different car suspensions nor did i ever say i had.
Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:59 AM
bottom line is their crap. i wouldnt even consider them an option.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:38 AM
To answer your question. then they have been known to be rebadged OEM struts from South America. Some will say they have lasted, from my experience some people do not know they are riding on blown strut like myself years ago. So you may get an answer but it may or may not be accurate.

What love to quote. You can not put bounce and good suspension in the same sentence, if they do they have a bad set up. It is suppose to be still not bouncy. From my exerience, (Been on here since 99 when there was no struts avaiable for us) now i have moved on from my J-body, just stay away from Dropzone for our cars. There is an appeal for saving money, but some time you are better off paying a little more.

all the time

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:04 PM
ruen (Ryan Bauman) wrote:i had the springs, they sucked monster balls...

bouncy as a fat lady with large tits running down the street....

here's another one

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:13 PM
I had mine on for about 500 miles before switching out for my Sportlines.

Review in one word. Junk.

Noobs have no say because most of you think a wood truck full of @!#$ rides good.

Monday, January 24, 2011 1:03 PM
i rode in an 04 supercharged with sportlines on agx's and it was like being on a trampoline in the backseat, im just sayin..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search