Rear sway - 1" addco or progressive 22mm - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear sway - 1" addco or progressive 22mm
Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:39 PM
which one shoudl I go with? The progressive will cost me less money (about $20 less) For the front I have the FE3 bar (24 MM) with poly endlinks, its on Koni yellows and sportlines, all the bushings and mounts ect.. and I do plan on adding a tie bar.

Which should I go with?

Re: Rear sway - 1" addco or progressive 22mm
Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:53 PM
I went with the Addco...

I have to say I am VERY happy with how it made the car handle. I noticed a lot of understeer after doing the urethane bushings on the front end, and now it turns in nice, and has a predictable oversteer, only when you push it VERY hard....
Friday, September 08, 2006 6:47 AM
get the addco for the rear and make a tie bar, the car will most likely exhibit understeer otherwise with you running a 24mm front bar.

-Chris

Friday, September 08, 2006 7:09 AM
If you want neutral I would go with the Progressive. It will be the closest to neutral in my opinion.

Friday, September 08, 2006 8:30 AM
The Addco will accept a tiebar a little better than the Progress bar

Saturday, September 09, 2006 12:08 AM
addco. no need for a rear tie bar. as a side note i removed my front poly D-bushings and even i have a bit more front end and it lost some of the crispness of turn-in it has more front end grip. alott more!

see ya!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:48 PM
no need for a tie bar??? there is also no need for front and rear sway bars but it WILL improve handling which is what I'm looking for. And why would you take the D bushings out of the front bar??? the bar doesn't do any good if its noit held in place

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:11 PM
Darkstars wrote:no need for a tie bar??? there is also no need for front and rear sway bars but it WILL improve handling which is what I'm looking for. And why would you take the D bushings out of the front bar??? the bar doesn't do any good if its noit held in place

Actually,
you do need ANTI-sway bars( not sway bars) /stabilizers...especially with independant suspension ... without them your car will lean to one side or the
other .. even when parked.
Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:16 PM
Bayouz24 wrote:
Darkstars wrote:no need for a tie bar??? there is also no need for front and rear sway bars but it WILL improve handling which is what I'm looking for. And why would you take the D bushings out of the front bar??? the bar doesn't do any good if its noit held in place

Actually,
you do need ANTI-sway bars( not sway bars) /stabilizers...especially with independant suspension ... without them your car will lean to one side or the

hahahahah

first of getitng technical with the name proves nothing, stabilizer bar = sway bar =anti-sway bar its all the same part, attepting to get technical with wording doesn't mean you know what your talking about. second you DO NOT NEED them. hence why some 3rd Gen J's came without them, none front or rear, this is also the reason it common to remove sway bars on straight line drag vehicles, because to them its dead weight, your car will not lean over sitting there parked....

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:14 PM
Bayouz24 wrote:

Actually,

Could you please imform the millions of drag racers and off roaders that do not have them that there cars are leaning to one side....

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:38 PM
and BTW I've decieded on the Addco

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:45 AM
Bayouz24 wrote:

Actually,

this has to be the most retarded thing said here in a very short time...

not saying the person is retarded, but the statement surely is.

also on swaybar choice, while its your choice, small to large would be my advice. many people on here have bars they dont really even use in full effect...

Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:27 AM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:
also on swaybar choice, while its your choice, small to large would be my advice. many people on here have bars they dont really even use in full effect...

can you explain this a little more please.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search