Neon disc swap how to - Page 16 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Neon disc swap how to
Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:43 AM
can i buy the 10x1.0 from you if they dont work?

Sunday, March 18, 2007 9:52 AM
You have a PM

Sunday, March 18, 2007 4:49 PM
Hey guys......make sure you get "crsuh washer" fittings...the M10x1.0 fittings Kardain bought aren't crush.....means they wont seal on the caliper.
Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:15 PM
Actually, they are, just didn't come with crush washers but I have some from the Neon calipers...

Earl's PN 592032 -- Caliper adapter: -3 to 10mmX1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:29 PM

Monday, March 19, 2007 5:46 PM
OK, I just did a cross reference with XRP and it for some reason matched it to a non-crush fitting.....good times. Just trying to keep you on your toes. lol
Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:43 PM
First mod of the year

Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:51 PM
Very nice

Sunday, March 25, 2007 3:55 PM
Let the oddball caliper caper continue.

The 3/8"-24 fittings didn't work. Turns out that I have to use banjo bolts. The 10mm fittings that I got were too big, but a 10mm banjo bolt fits perfectly <shrugs> .

Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:09 PM
is one tapered, and the other not?

BTW for the record, my rotors are the 10.6 ones

Sunday, March 25, 2007 5:09 PM
Probably. Only thing I can think of...

Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:36 PM
What are these crush washers for? I've re-read the past few couple pages and am still lost. I know about the 7/16th washers to go behind the rotors.....

I got a set of re-man calipers from work tonight with a 14 stamped onto them. They come with the sliders and bolts and 2 copper washers.

I'm just waiting on on joshua to send me my car package, So i should only need the parking brakes, rotors, and pads left... Correct?

Friday, April 13, 2007 12:26 AM
crush washers help seal the brake line fitting onto the caliper. they are used on every caliper. without them, when pushing the brake pedal, brake fluid would leak out. one washer goes on each side of the fitting. as you tighten it, it "crushes" and creates a seal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, April 14, 2007 3:40 PM
Nity9CavSedanCRJ wrote:2 copper washers.

Those are the crush washers. Sometimes they're made of aluminum or brass, but not on street applications. Some even have a rubber seal built right in.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:58 PM
On the e-brake adjuster screw, does the threaded part need to face the front or rear of the vehicle... my e-brake isn't self adjusting like it should, so want to make sure it isn't in backwards

Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:43 PM
i dont think it really matters. it is not a self adjuster though, you need to adjust it by hand. try to get it as close as you can with the rotor/wheel off, and then you can do final adjustments by taking out the rubber grommet that is on the backside of the backing plate and adjusting it from there. its not easy, but using a flathead screwdriver wont take you that long.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:48 AM
Anyone else have issues with the cable being to long?

I have an 04 and I have heard all the 03+ have a longer cable.

Am i better to go back and swap the cables to older 00 style?
Monday, May 28, 2007 11:25 AM
so after doing my NW 11.9" front swap, im contemplating doing the 11.2" up from my 10.6" rear conversion. DAMMIT!!!

so, anybody got a set of those 11.2" brackets?

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:52 AM
just a question for all the guys doing this swap. How many of you are keeping the stock size front brakes? And if you are does it screw with your brake balance having larger rotors in the rear than in the front (10.5 or bigger vs. 10.2 in the front) not a huge difference i know but still.....

When i get around to doing my brakes i was gonna do this and upgrade all the brakes to matching powerslot rotors and wilwood calipers but i noticed the measurements and was wondering if i was gonna have to go bigger in the front now.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 6:28 AM
The rotor diameter really doesn't have anything to do with proportioning. Its the diameter of the caliper pistons and wheel cylinders pistons versus the MC diameter. Last year sometime, someone (I can't remember who it was though) did all the math out for the area of the Neon caliper pistons vs the stock J wheel cylinder pistons and they were pretty close. Close enough to where you wouldn't notice any difference at all. Unless the big Daytona setup pistons are massive compared to the Neon pistons, it shouldn't be an issue. I have the chart he made up on my other computer, I'll see if I can get it back up here.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:20 AM
The daytona caliper piston and neon caliper piston are the same diameter. IMO the braking is finally balanced so the front doesn't dive when you get on em.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 4:57 PM
OK Cool thanks guys, just figured i'd check before going and screwing my brake balance up, lol

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:24 AM
car squats instead of dives, i love it!

BEST MOD EVER

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Friday, June 01, 2007 9:17 AM
I have a josh dearman kit , anyone interested? nedd to get back what i paid for it
Friday, June 01, 2007 3:44 PM
hahaha....im a kit now? lol
Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:16 AM
Joshua Dearman wrote:hahaha....im a kit now? lol

...with Kung-Fu action grip !

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search