Tips for winter with AIR RIDE - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tips for winter with AIR RIDE
Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:41 PM
Hey guys well this will be the first year the j will have bags on it and was wondering about the winter weather? My questions are really basic but think that they would help me out. The system is bags front, and cylinders rear. i have two 5 gallon tanks, a 300 or so comp, and a water trap. the lines are in the car and the stuff well oviously it in the trunk. would i have any issues when say i go out and when i park layit out when i go to leave would i have issues going back up? stuff like that,the thinks we prob wouldnt think of we just do. any tips for winter bag driving would be a big help like the do and donts, thing that would help with ice, maybe tips to keep the ice from the valves u know winter driving. thanks-

Re: Tips for winter with AIR RIDE
Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:51 PM
I'd put a little methyl hydrate in your air lines from time to time to keep them from getting an ice blockage.

Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:02 PM
If possible, I would set it at one ride height and leave it there for the extreme cold, and obviously on a day that's above freezing temps you could probably play with the air ride.

I know nothing about air ride though, so take what I say with a grain of salt. But, that's what I would do if I had it.. just so I wouldn't get stuck on the ground if I let it down for a few hours and then tried to leave.

1983 Camaro Z28
Monday, November 19, 2007 3:54 AM
ling427ttvette wrote:If possible, I would set it at one ride height and leave it there for the extreme cold, and obviously on a day that's above freezing temps you could probably play with the air ride.

i agree. in the winter time its best to just keep it at one height and leave it alone. if you play with a swtich, there could be a chance the valve gets stuck open from it being so cold out.

Monday, November 19, 2007 3:52 PM
That, and things tend to break alot easier when cold outside.

1983 Camaro Z28
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:38 PM
go to a truck shop get airride antifreeze.( the stuff they use in semis) drive like you normally would in winter. you dont need to leave it any height. plauy away been doing it for 5 yrs now with no problems
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:23 PM
this is kinda wierd, I don't know how well it would work and seems liek an overly expensive way to take care of the problem but I've seen a car that had 2 nitrous bottle heaters wraped as best as possible around the valves with a relay powering them wired into the remote start and a toggle switch.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:56 AM
if your worried about that then yea you could probably fit a nitrious bottole warmer around your tank. when i was talking to jim from easystreet last winter he mentioned that nos made a little heater that was pretty much like a sticker. i was never able to find them though

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search