Attn SSBC 12" rear owners - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Attn SSBC 12" rear owners
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:02 PM
I need your heeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

Ok so I bought a used kit from Evan Thomas, looks like I got everything I need save for one hard line which I can easily make, no problem. What I didn't get, were instructions! My plan is to bolt these buggers up on Saturday. My problem is that I don't know which caliper goes on which side. The caliper mounting brackets are marked, but not the calipers themselves. I'm looking for some pics anyone may have taken during install, or can take in the next couple days. Something that shows what things look like on the back side, instead of the pretty shiny front side that everyone loves to display (and I don't blame them!) I'd like to see where the L-bracket bolts up to, I assume it's for holding the e-brake cable, but I don't know how or where.

Thanks in advance, it'll be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge help for me.

14.330 @ 96.37mph

Re: Attn SSBC 12" rear owners
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:12 PM
Can the brackets only be mounted one way? if so the bleeder screw goes to the top of the caliper. Does SSBC have instructions on their website? It would be nice if they did.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 5:15 PM
I will get my directions scanned to a PDF tomorrow and post it

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Wednesday, April 02, 2008 5:47 PM
Brake bleeder valves up on the calipers.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:40 PM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:Brake bleeder valves up on the calipers.

not the SSBC rears.

if I remember the bleeders aren't on top, the brake line fitting uses another bleeder on the banjo fitting, and that goes up instead of the actual bleeder in the caliper liek normal. if noone gets info by tomorrow night I will big out the box and check for you.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:44 AM
If the bleeder does not point up you can not get all the air out. I have never headr of a secondary bleed valve in the banjo.....post some pics of the stuff as well....prove my a$$ wrong. I would like to see, but bleeders always go up.
Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:41 AM
I scanned in the instructions I had for you and sent you an email....

I'll try to get the car on a lift for you tomorrow too...get a couple pics.

Tried to get some pics in the driveway but it gonna happen...can't get under the car enough to show you anything!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Thursday, April 03, 2008 1:49 PM
John Benham wrote:If the bleeder does not point up you can not get all the air out. I have never headr of a secondary bleed valve in the banjo.....post some pics of the stuff as well....prove my a$$ wrong. I would like to see, but bleeders always go
up.

In every other case the bleeders go up yes. They rigged up the bleeders on the line fittng because that way the only way to position the calipers to work with the parking brake on a j

Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:47 PM
I checked SSBC's website and couldn't find any instructions, just application guides.

BlueDeuce wrote:I scanned in the instructions I had for you and sent you an email....

I'll try to get the car on a lift for you tomorrow too...get a couple pics.

Tried to get some pics in the driveway but it gonna happen...can't get under the car enough to show you anything!!

I never got anything from you..which address did you mail it to? Maybe if you can host it somewhere and link me?

Darkstars wrote:if noone gets info by tomorrow night I will big out the box and check for you.

This is looking like a more and more viable option...

Again, thanks in advance.
(and this time I'll actually subscribe to my own thread haha )

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Thursday, April 03, 2008 3:34 PM
I sent them to your yahoo account....pm me your email addy and I'll resend...pics tomorrow for you....

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, April 04, 2008 6:25 PM
Bill
hit me up on MSN and i'll snap some pics of mine.

Friday, April 04, 2008 7:41 PM
I just started the process of installing mine about an hour ago.... parking brake setup goes on top not the bleeder

Friday, April 04, 2008 7:54 PM
Darkstars wrote:I just started the process of installing mine about an hour ago.... parking brake setup goes on top not the bleeder

what the $%*$ im coming sunday.... gonna need help still?

Saturday, April 05, 2008 6:20 AM
On the passenger side the calipers bracket sits with the calipers at 11 o'clock position with the parking brake assemble towards the front of the car. Remove the drum and backing plate etc. Unbolt the hub. Put the caliper bracket behind the hub and reuse the stock bolts and nuts. Tighten to 50 ft/lbs. Slide the rotor on. Put the caliper on with one 7/16 washer on each bolt in between the caliper and bracket. Tighten to 80 ft/lbs. Make sure the caliper is centered over the rotor. The flwxabke brake line runs from the top of the caliper around the back of the strut and then conects to hard line which you bend by hand to route. Hardline connects to the tuber flex line on the axle.

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:31 PM
sub'd

Pete ***RIP John Lingenfelter***
2002 Flame Yellow Sunfire GT B+M shifted 5 Spd
Just looking for mods and prey

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:52 PM
only 5 years late....

Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:11 PM
BAhahahaha

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:22 PM
Thrice . wrote:only 5 years late....
not really, just put a set on my sons car, so i wanted to be able to reference as many threads just in case....if that means its late, oh well

Pete ***RIP John Lingenfelter***
2002 Flame Yellow Sunfire GT B+M shifted 5 Spd
Just looking for mods and prey

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search