NEW STYLE EASYSTREET FRONT STRUT ?? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEW STYLE EASYSTREET FRONT STRUT ??
Saturday, July 05, 2008 1:35 PM
Hey guys,

These questions are for anyone who has the new Easystreet front sleeve bags installed. I just got the new struts to replace my old style struts (had one damaged strut).
My qestion is how did you run your lines to the struts? Did anyone figure out a way to use leader hoses with the new style strut? My old ones have the 1/2" leader hoses, but the new struts have the air fitting at the top of the bag where the old ones were on the bottom also the old port faces down on the bottom of the strut where the new one is on the side at the top of the strut.. The leader hoses won't reach now, and I'm not sure there's enough clearance for them in the strut pocket. The new struts have a 90 degree fitting with a quick connect for the air line, but I don't like the idea of running air line to a strut that has to turn and constantly be moving and possibly chaffing or weakening the hard line.

NOTE: my front lines are currently routed along the rocker silll and up into the wheel well, the only pics I have seen of these new struts installed shows the line coming through the strut pocket. I'd rather not have to rerout my lines, but if I have to I will. Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Adam

Re: NEW STYLE EASYSTREET FRONT STRUT ??
Sunday, July 06, 2008 7:14 PM
Mine run along the rocker as well. I will have to get some pics for you but I found a way to run the lines under the fender liners.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:58 PM
how much were the front struts and where did you get them?

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:44 PM
you do not need flex lines on the new design, the fitting is on the stationary mount instead of the moving bottom like the old one. Mine have nylon line and theyre fine. The leader hose was a BS design and im glad they figured that out.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:01 PM
its true they are on top. i have d.o.t. truck air lines bought from car quest
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search