Eibach front sway bar FAQ, problems, install tips, etc. Read before posting! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eibach front sway bar FAQ, problems, install tips, etc. Read before posting!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 9:45 PM
I made this thread like a year and a half ago, unfortunately a typo put "swat" instead of "sway" in the title so it was hard to find in searches. I was just looking for the old thread so I could use the picture for something and the pic is now a red X due to a change in domain names for server. So I figured what the hell, might as well make a new/updated thread.

I'm not going to post the pic again because its huge, click the link and you can zoom in.

Click me for huge picture

Fell free to add anything relevant.

random tidbits from the old thread....

OG Nick wrote:Only thing I can add (and this is for Addco fornt bars) is to ensure that you got the correct size center bushings.
The sent me and a friend one each of a 1" (25.4mm) bushing and 7/8" (22mm) bushing.

[quote=97trd(???™)]i cut both rack bolts on the g/fs cav and also cut/rounded both ends of the sway bar

Re: Eibach front sway bar FAQ, problems, install tips, etc. Read before posting!
Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:54 AM
maybe someone could sticky it for you

Re: Eibach front sway bar FAQ, problems, install tips, etc. Read before posting!
Saturday, October 04, 2008 8:04 AM
Some added pictures?
Here are the two bolts cut that hold the steering rack onto the subframe brace.

Trimming of the swaybar end for clearance purposes. Thank you Ryan for this information.

General pictures of the swaybars, factory and Eibachs.

It was DarkStars stickie and pictures that guided me through with the install on my own car.
Thanks Ryan.

Sticky.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, October 13, 2008 10:51 AM
You don't need to cut the end of the bar off if you use the right endlink spacers... Eibach packed the front ones with the rear bar and vice-versa.

Monday, October 13, 2008 12:37 PM
i still had to cut the ends of the bar on mine with the right spacers , guess alot depends on the ride height the car is at

good job on the pics james

Monday, October 13, 2008 1:38 PM
In my first post it says to put the links labeled for the rear on the front. Even with the proper ones in the front I still had to cut the bar aswell.

Monday, October 13, 2008 9:17 PM
addco is different then fully I take it? I didn't have to cut mine down at all.

Monday, October 13, 2008 11:27 PM
Your first post didn't specify which size was to be used for the front

I guess people's cars will dictate whether trimming is necessary or not... I ran mine on Koni Reds and Eibach Sportlines (for a while, now on Pro-Kit) without any clearance issues. I did have to cut the end off of one bolt... but not both.

However... cutting the bolts and trimming the end of the bar off in advance saves having to do it later... should you find out your car needed it after all.

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search