Pictures of Sportline drop with 17" wheels? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pictures of Sportline drop with 17" wheels?
Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:08 PM
Does anyone have pictures of Eibach Sportlines on a Cavalier with 17's? I'm looking into Sportlines and D-Specs for my '05 2dr, and I'd like to see what it's going to look like. Also, any problems running this drop with 195/65/R15's on the factory LS wheels?

Re: Pictures of Sportline drop with 17" wheels?
Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:25 PM
I had Sportlines and D-specs on my '00 z24 and had no problems running them with my 17's or 16's. Here are a few pics.

My car with Sportlines, D-specs and SRT4 wheels

with other 17s

with stock wheels

Hope that helps.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:14 PM
Here is mine on Sportine with Koni reds and 17's.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:25 PM
I'm liking the stance with the Sportlines. MattyRobz, how you like the D-Specs?
Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:25 PM
robz what are the 17 inch wheels in the picture called im diggin those very nice! m/

Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:10 PM
The D-specs are good struts, but I don't really like the adjustment on them Though. Also just an FYI the Sportline / D-spec combo rides VERY stiff, but is a good set-up nevertheless. The 17'' wheels in the picture are Sport-max 002s.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:28 PM
Do you have any suggestions on a softer ride, that still has great handling?
Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:54 PM
I would go with either the Eibach Pro-kit or H&R springs. I currently have H&Rs and KYB AGX struts on my cav, and the ride is great. My cavalier is my daily driver and I just couldn't handle the low drop of the sportlines with the terrible roads that i have to drive on, so I switched and Im loving this combo so far. I would do a little more research in this forum though, to find out whats best for you. If you do decide to go the Sportline route, let me know, I have a set for sale.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:26 PM
here is mine

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:40 PM
I love the way the Sportline drop looks. I'm just concerned with being too low, and the suspension being unbearably stiff. Like you, my Cavalier is my daily driver, and the roads around here aren't always great.
Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:48 PM
simple05 wrote:I love the way the Sportline drop looks. I'm just concerned with being too low, and the suspension being unbearably stiff. Like you, my Cavalier is my daily driver, and the roads around here aren't always great.

Having had both the sportlines and the pro kit I would highly reccomend for you the pro kit! My car is sitting on the on the pro kit as seen in my sig.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:47 PM
I think now I'm going to be looking into the Eibach Prokit, or a set from H&R or B&G. Sportlines sound a little too stiff for a daily driver on rougher roads. Just looking to get much better handling, while maintaining a pretty good overall ride.
Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:26 PM
Here is my car on road magnets and 18's with a body kit, This is my daily driver, and will be drivin like this minus the 18's and the hood in the snow. The road magnests are very comparible to the sportlines, they're either the same drop or a lil lower than the sportlines.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:36 AM
stock on old 17's...

sportlines on old 17's...

sportlines on new 17's...

miscellaneous:

stock on another set of 17's...

sportlines on another set of 17's...

Sunday, November 16, 2008 4:57 PM
I have 2 J's, one with Sportlines (pictured above), the other with Pro-Kit. My old 97 had Intrax as well. When I first got my 01 I did Pro Kit, and soon swapped to my current set-up. I HATE the Pro KIT!! 1, not low enough, 2, handling sucks. My 96 has pro kit with Mantapert Blistiens, rear swaybar, strut bar. My 01 is Sportline and Koni's, strut bar, my 01 will out handle my 96 all day. The pro kit gives to much body roll. If you get a good set of adjustable struts with sportlines you will be good. I have plenty of clearance to go anywhere I want to with my kit and suspension. I have my struts set-up for drag racing (full soft in the front, and full hard in the rear). It can be rough at times, but I like how it handles. With some Koni yellows you could adjust the ride pretty easy for the type of driving you are doing. Full soft for everyday driving.

Also my 01 is my daily driver.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 16, 2008 6:29 PM
John Higgins wrote:I have 2 J's, one with Sportlines (pictured above), the other with Pro-Kit. My old 97 had Intrax as well. When I first got my 01 I did Pro Kit, and soon swapped to my current set-up. I HATE the Pro KIT!! 1, not low enough, 2, handling sucks. My 96 has pro kit with Mantapert Blistiens, rear swaybar, strut bar. My 01 is Sportline and Koni's, strut bar, my 01 will out handle my 96 all day. The pro kit gives to much body roll. If you get a good set of adjustable struts with sportlines you will be good. I have plenty of clearance to go anywhere I want to with my kit and suspension. I have my struts set-up for drag racing (full soft in the front, and full hard in the rear). It can be rough at times, but I like how it handles. With some Koni yellows you could adjust the ride pretty easy for the type of driving you are doing. Full soft for everyday driving.

You're making me rethink the Sportlines again. What about Sportlines and D-Specs? Still get a good ride for daily driving on the softest setting?
Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:44 PM
simple05 wrote:
John Higgins wrote:I have 2 J's, one with Sportlines (pictured above), the other with Pro-Kit. My old 97 had Intrax as well. When I first got my 01 I did Pro Kit, and soon swapped to my current set-up. I HATE the Pro KIT!! 1, not low enough, 2, handling sucks. My 96 has pro kit with Mantapert Blistiens, rear swaybar, strut bar. My 01 is Sportline and Koni's, strut bar, my 01 will out handle my 96 all day. The pro kit gives to much body roll. If you get a good set of adjustable struts with sportlines you will be good. I have plenty of clearance to go anywhere I want to with my kit and suspension. I have my struts set-up for drag racing (full soft in the front, and full hard in the rear). It can be rough at times, but I like how it handles. With some Koni yellows you could adjust the ride pretty easy for the type of driving you are doing. Full soft for everyday driving.

You're making me rethink the Sportlines again. What about Sportlines and D-Specs? Still get a good ride for daily driving on the softest setting?

I can't answer on D=spec, never rode on them.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 17, 2008 1:50 PM
You should still get a decent ride on the sportline d-spec setup.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search