ABS delete option - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ABS delete option
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:57 PM
Ive read the available threads on the topic, and im trying to figure out what options I have in deleteing the ABS module. I saw somebody pulled a master from another car that didn't have abs, can I just do this and run the lines to the proper port? and if so what car can I use?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Re: ABS delete option
Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:01 PM
You can use the stock master cylinder as it removes from the abs module completely.
Here's how I did mine using the original master cylinder once removed from the abs module.

You can also use a master cylinder from a late 80's to very early 90's GM and have ports for each corner of the car.
Problem with that configuration is that all the ports are different threads with some being metric and others being sae.
I also chose to not have to worry about trying to rebend the hardlines to make the connections to this older master cylinder and to try to have to reflare the lines just to have different nuts on the line to fit the older master cylinder.

I reflared my lines using AN connections so that I can just run a nice flexible line to the stock master cylinder which was drilled and tapped for AN adaptors to make it all work.
Plus it looks so much better this way compared to using the older master cylinder.

Here's the page for the lines I made up for the master cylinder.

This should answer most of your questions about it and holler if need anymore help with it.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:41 PM
Can you not connect the current brake lines to the stock master after removing the ABS?

Also what are people doing about ABS light?

FU Tuning

Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:47 PM
Too Whiney wrote:Can you not connect the current brake lines to the stock master after removing the ABS?

Also what are people doing about ABS light?

Yes you can but you'd still have to drill and tap the two lower ports of the master cylinder to whatever threading you want.
That was an option that I didn't want to do hence doing it different.
Thanks John.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 29, 2010 8:34 AM
Do you have a pic of your final setup installed. Just curious how it turned out.

Friday, January 29, 2010 8:58 AM
Buy a non-abs 03+ distribution block, done!

Friday, January 29, 2010 9:18 AM
I want to do this soon as well. What about the abs light?

Friday, January 29, 2010 9:40 AM
black electrical tape on the back of the gauge face solves the abs light problem very well

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Friday, January 29, 2010 10:21 AM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:black electrical tape on the back of the gauge face solves the abs light problem very well

Thats exactly what I did, except on the back side of the cluster so you dont see the tape.
I just plain reomoved my ABS module, added a distribution block with a built in proportioning valve, then ran the lines.
No tapping, just some metric fittings out of the MC then 3/16 flare nuts!
I also have the neon rear disk, which is soon to be obselete on my car, but I can tune the bias nicely.

Its kinda messy in the pic, because I had everything taken apart at the time.
The chrome thing with two prongs on the block is a pressure switch for brake lights, which come with the block, I just removed it and added a NPT plug since the pic.

Friday, January 29, 2010 10:22 AM
ABS light can be extinguished with HPTuners as I did.
Other than that as Satch stated, electrical tape.

Quote:

This takes more space if it's not built into the master cylinder and another component to have to tie into the system if this distribution block is what I'm thinking it is.
I like keeping it simple and the master cylinder with the 4 ports already has the distribution built into the setup without any external dist. block needed.

Final setup is here but again, there are easier ways to do this although this is the path I chose for it's aesthetics and for me, ease of use.

Most up to date picture of the setup with battery relocation near complete, making room for the supercharger.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 29, 2010 2:51 PM
Quote:

ABS light can be extinguished with HPTuners as I did.

How. Where?

FU Tuning

Friday, January 29, 2010 3:47 PM
Should be in the section where you can change your cel codes to come on/ off and so on.
Same way I deleted the EGR code and TCS code, you can do the same for the cel involved for the abs code.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 29, 2010 4:00 PM
heres how i deleted mine..loved it since day one, i try to avoid clutter

Friday, January 29, 2010 4:01 PM
Friday, January 29, 2010 5:14 PM
Misnblu wrote:

Quote:

This takes more space if it's not built into the master cylinder and another component to have to tie into the system if this distribution block is what I'm thinking it is.
I like keeping it simple and the master cylinder with the 4 ports already has the distribution built into the setup without any external dist. block needed.

Sorry but plug and play is an simple as you can get. The 03 plus non-abs is a DIRECT replacement. No tapping, no flaring, how does it get much simpler??

So you want to save room? Done...

Plus I think my set up looks better than yours

I think this is a great option that works pretty well. It doesn't take up anymore room that the other set ups, its stock, and its a direct replacement...

Friday, January 29, 2010 6:06 PM
I looked in HPT and see no codes for ABS. I know I have had ABS codes before and have not been able to delete them in the scanner from the ECU either.

FU Tuning

Friday, January 29, 2010 7:29 PM
Quote:

It doesn't take up anymore room that the other set ups,

if it still has the distribution block, it takes up more room than mine
and while i think your version looks good, i still like mine better hehe

Friday, January 29, 2010 7:35 PM
John, I'll check my HPT for the settings and let you know.

Jmarks, it may be stock but stock isn't what I wanted unfortunately.
And you're trying to tell me that what you've done there didn't involve having to rebend the lines to achieve this?
This is what I didn't want to do and that was to have to try to bend hardlines which can kink up if not done properly and then you're relegated to have to do something custom anyway.

For the setup I had, it wouldn't have worked, I think. Any pics of what you had originally?
Love your setup though Jmark but it looks just too stock for me.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, January 30, 2010 10:36 AM
Misnblu wrote:John, I'll check my HPT for the settings and let you know.

Jmarks, it may be stock but stock isn't what I wanted unfortunately.
And you're trying to tell me that what you've done there didn't involve having to rebend the lines to achieve this?
This is what I didn't want to do and that was to have to try to bend hardlines which can kink up if not done properly and then you're relegated to have to do something custom anyway.

For the setup I had, it wouldn't have worked, I think. Any pics of what you had originally?
Love your setup though Jmark but it looks just too stock for me.

I was saying for the op it is plug and play, no bending lines, bolt in a go because he has an 04

What you have works great, but that's because you had the older line set up, but it still takes up just as much, if not more room than mine.

Looks stock huh....I have all braided ss lines, no hard line, and it looks stock. That's what i like. Here is a pic from before

Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:46 PM
I won't deny that you've done a wonderful job with your ride Jmark.
And now that I see your original setup I can see how easy it was to implement the proportioning valve right in there.
Nice work and kudo's.

Besides, I like to give a little bit of a hard time to people so thought I'd pick on you just a bit.

Good luck to anyone that tries this as there's several possibilities now to doing the abs delete.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, January 30, 2010 1:55 PM
Hey its all good, I love giving people a hard time.

I also love the fact we are coming up with all these options.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:47 PM
So I just want to be sure, an 03 non abs mc will bolt right into an 01? No cutting, no bending, no reflaring or anything correct?

Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:55 PM
Yep!!

Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:25 PM
hmmm interesting anyone know about the 99 MC's and lines compared to the 00+?

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:37 PM
ok we need to come to a conlusion on if hpt will delete the abs light because i will be going for my dyno tune to fred at smg in the spring and i would to get rid of the light this way before resorting to electrical tape

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search