ABS delete option - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ABS delete option
Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:39 AM
jared methe wrote:ok we need to come to a conlusion on if hpt will delete the abs light because i will be going for my dyno tune to fred at smg in the spring and i would to get rid of the light this way before resorting to electrical tape

Ok, I stand corrected, and looked into my HPTuners files under the DTC codes.
There's nothing in there that will let you turn off the abs light so it does look like we're relegated to either having to live with the dash light or tape up the display.
Sorry for the misinformation as I probably got the abs system mixed up with the egr system which I did eliminate it's cel code through HPT.
Again, sorry for the misinformation about this.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:56 AM
Stupid off topic question but Im due for emissions soon, would an abs light cause me to fail? Id like to do this soon but no point until after emissions if I wouldnt pass because of it.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:51 AM
Icemike, some states may fail you with a code on the dash like that.
It's a cel and any kind of cel has to be dealt with unfortunately.
Luckily where I live they could care less about cel lights or inspections like they have in some of the northern states.
Check with your local officials to see if it's going to matter with it.

I'm also not sure if you can pull the code from the OBDII port with a scanner or not. Anybody have a clue on this as to whether it's going to also show up on a scanner plugged into the OBD port?
Good luck man.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:54 AM
It wont show up in their scans but the light will cause you a problem.

This is why my light is just covered, no readable codes appear even though the ABS isnt working.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:02 AM
Soo if I just got rid of the light on the dash I'll be good and nothing will show in the emissions test? Would I be ale to just take out the bulb for the abs or that for other idiot lights as well?

Sunday, January 31, 2010 8:04 AM
For the idiot lights that dont set off an odb2 code you can cover but I wouldnt recommend it. It could hurt you should something actually throw a code and you werent warned.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:32 AM
I guess I won't be doing this. I can't put a piece of tape on my dash to cover a light. I will still know it is there. I checked for codes to disable and did not find any as well. I have a couple other things to try but not too hopeful.

FU Tuning

Sunday, January 31, 2010 1:04 PM
J mark, I just want to make sure I get all the details. I can just keep my stock master, disconnect the two lines from the module. and hook them into the distrubution block and hook up the out lines to the calipers. (in theory of course, I understand if there is lengthening of lines, the only thing I worried about is compatibility. is it straight plug and play.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:15 PM
Jcavi wrote:J mark, I just want to make sure I get all the details. I can just keep my stock master, disconnect the two lines from the module. and hook them into the distribution block and hook up the out lines to the calipers. (in theory of course, I understand if there is lengthening of lines, the only thing I worried about is compatibility. is it straight plug and play.

Yep everything is plug and play. If you are keeping the stock brake lines there is no modifications needed to put it on.

As for the abs light, the dealer can turn it off....

Sunday, February 07, 2010 9:58 PM
i remeber when i did my abs delete a guy said our cars can have the light deleted but we would need a gm tech 2 scanner/.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Monday, February 08, 2010 8:27 AM
jared methe wrote:i remeber when i did my abs delete a guy said our cars can have the light deleted but we would need a gm tech 2 scanner/.....

jmarks82 wrote:
Jcavi wrote:J mark, I just want to make sure I get all the details. I can just keep my stock master, disconnect the two lines from the module. and hook them into the distribution block and hook up the out lines to the calipers. (in theory of course, I understand if there is lengthening of lines, the only thing I worried about is compatibility. is it straight plug and play.

Yep everything is plug and play. If you are keeping the stock brake lines there is no modifications needed to put it on.

As for the abs light, the dealer can turn it off....

Yep exactly what I said...

Monday, February 08, 2010 8:59 AM
yes what you said........... gm would prob want alot of money to do it lol

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:36 AM
Yeah lol. I want to take the turbo car to our dealer and say my abs light is on and idk why and see what their reaction is lol. I might try and see if they can do it, but if not i will just take the light out, its not that big of deal!

Monday, February 08, 2010 10:45 AM
black tape behind the cluster ftw!!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, February 08, 2010 2:32 PM
that prob the easiest option.....

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:07 AM
anyone know if i have an 03 MC and an 03 pcm from a non abs car that would make no light come on correct?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:16 AM
will the tech 2 delete the system completely then? or just do the ghetto light disable like HPT does?

im assuming it would do it professionally with it being a gm made item...

also, does it matter between 95-98 and 99-00??? or do BOTH versions not allow hpt to turn off the brake lights?

We all need somebody to believe in something...
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:12 PM
You can delete the ABS from the 00+ cars with a Tech II. I am not sure about the pre 00 cars though. Good luck getting a dealer to do it for you though.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:40 PM
z yaaaa wrote:will the tech 2 delete the system completely then? or just do the ghetto light disable like HPT does?

also, does it matter between 95-98 and 99-00??? or do BOTH versions not allow hpt to turn off the brake lights?

HPT cant turn the light off, hence why the dealer ship was brought up.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:24 PM
I may look into disabling it on my 98 this week. My 02 took about 10 minutes with a Tech II.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:47 PM
jmarks82 wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:will the tech 2 delete the system completely then? or just do the ghetto light disable like HPT does?

HPT cant turn the light off, hence why the dealer ship was brought up.

i know this, thats why i asked exactly what i did.

We all need somebody to believe in something...

Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:05 AM
Yep and both versions can't turn it off i believe.

Thursday, April 01, 2010 4:46 PM
Another option for the 2000+ guys for getting rid of the ABS light is remove the LED from the cluster. I have a write up on jco how to do it. I will have to wait to get home to post a link since JCO is blocked here at work.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:34 PM
I just finished my ABS delete and I'm now getting the BRAKE light when I don't have to three electric motors plugged into the harness. Does anyone have any access to All Data that could look up what the car tests for on startup that throws the light? Does it just test for a certain resistance like the air bags do?

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:24 PM
How are you liking the brakes Tim?
I'm amazed at mine since the abs delete and the brake upgrade.
Stopping before the dime really is possible.

And I've got that dreaded brake light too.
Oh well, that along with the airbag light, and what can you do about it.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search