Road Magnet Springs Update - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Road Magnet Springs Update
Friday, February 26, 2010 4:48 PM
After deciding to go back to the stock suspension, I began questioning why my Road Magnet springs are so rusty (see below pic). When I originally purchased the springs through the GP on here back in '07, I paid the extra money to have the springs powder-coated black. Well today I gave Road Magnet a call. I was told to send them my springs and they would look them over and load test them. If they find nothing wrong with the springs, then they have offered to redo the powder-coat in whatever color I choose (they now do in house powder-coating, whereas before it was an outside job with known cost-cutting techniques being used). If they do happen to find any holes/pitting or anything else that would hinder the performance of the springs, I will be sent a brand new set. He assured me that they stand behind their product 100%. Just a heads up for anyone who bought the springs back when they had the GP running. Now that is how Customer Service should be handled!

If you are thinking about getting these springs, don't hesitate. They make a great product and are an A+ seller for our platform.

Re: Road Magnet Springs Update
Friday, February 26, 2010 5:33 PM
very nice dude. glad you called to find out. you never know unless you ask. hit me up once you check to make sure you have all of your stuff to swap back to stock. i may be able to do it sunday, maybe.

my carDomain updated 10/31/09 Forged and Supercharged

Friday, February 26, 2010 5:36 PM
Friday, February 26, 2010 7:20 PM
im not hesitating lol

Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:47 PM
where can i buy those springs at?
Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:04 PM
Dave De Stefano wrote:where can i buy those springs at?

http://www.roadmagnet.com/

Monday, March 01, 2010 5:37 AM
not bad. looking forward to seeing what they do.

Monday, March 01, 2010 11:07 AM
how do you guys like the feel and handling of those springs?
Friday, March 05, 2010 4:37 AM
nice to see them stand behind there product like that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:53 PM
UPDATE:

I sent out the springs on a Monday and got them back that Friday. Amazing turn around time if you ask me. I wasn't told if I got my old ones got coated or if I got a new set, but since they aren't the powder blue RM uses, I am assuming they just coated mine using the darker blue I requested. Either way, the springs look great. So much better than what they looked like before.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:28 AM
other than shocks is there anything else that needs to be used to use them, like would they fit with 225/45/17's or would i need smaller?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:36 AM
and does anyone have any pics of them on their car?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:53 PM
these are the only pics I have of them on my car with koni yellows.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:40 PM
from the dead... so since you have to heat stuff to powder coat it.... wouldnt the heat affect the spring life?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:58 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:from the dead... so since you have to heat stuff to powder coat it.... wouldnt the heat affect the spring life?

Aren't all springs pc'd?
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:12 PM
150-200 degrees wouldnt matter much to the spring rate or spring life. every part i paint is heated to atleast 200 degrees to cure the paint, springs included.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search