OEM Harness Bar Installed With Pics - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
OEM Harness Bar Installed With Pics
Saturday, April 10, 2010 7:44 PM

Yes, makes driving experience better, (thats with stock shocks , teins s.tech,no front or back strut bar). Going to work driving roundabouts and curvy roads faster without having the feeling of flipping, more leveled. Looks are a given. Can keep factory belts on for daily drive and takata greens on bar for time attack . Bolt on? Well, I needed to hammer the pivot bolt things into the tabs, and having the ends of bar to fit the chasis and align the factory seat belt screw was elbow grease. Welds are nice, but overall look kinda prototype ish, scuffs, little scratches here and there. Satisfied? yes

bonified

instagram: peru_stylez

Re: OEM Harness Bar Installed With Pics
Saturday, April 10, 2010 8:32 PM
Didn't come coated in any form? Weird.

Not a bad looking piece though.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Saturday, April 10, 2010 11:17 PM
Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:12 AM
Can you get pics from inside the car? I'm really interested on bar for autocross. So that I can use a harness instead of the seatbelt. I'd like to see the mounting of the bars. Thanks!

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:41 AM
looks neat but arent the slots for the belts supposed to be set right at or near where they go through the top of the seat?

from where they are now it looks as though they would have chaffing issues with the head rests.

looks 'overkill' mark, right on target LOL

pics of how it attaches?

All I want... is a little of the good life
Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:46 AM
z yaaaa wrote:looks neat but arent the slots for the belts supposed to be set right at or near where they go through the top of the seat?

from where they are now it looks as though they would have chaffing issues with the head rests.

If he tilted his seat back up some, so it wasn't leaning back so far it would be fine

Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:33 AM
Can't wait to get my "Coated" one. Looks good! How much rubbing does it have near the top bolts? Does it put a bunch of pressure on that panel?

FOR SALE
Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:42 PM
^^ didnt know you were making these Mark.

Need to get a hold of you for the fender braces.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:18 PM
That's @!#$ hideous. I love the fact that the "mounting tabs" are designed so they offer the least amount of support possible. The harness hoops are just @!#$. A real fab shop has the ability to bent the metal so you dont have 90* angles that have a possibility to injure someone. I would think grinding the pointy corners off the lower brace mounting points would be a priority so it eliminates the possibility of customers getting cut/hurt on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:21 PM

Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:46 PM
anyways.. pic request for the ppl that dig this.

instagram: peru_stylez

Monday, April 12, 2010 6:17 AM
Good Lord that thing is huge.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Monday, April 12, 2010 7:20 AM
Any way to make one for a four door? I am removing the rear seats, but from looking at the mounting points I don't see this setup working on the 4-door setup.
Monday, April 12, 2010 7:59 AM
John W wrote:Any way to make one for a four door? I am removing the rear seats, but from looking at the mounting points I don't see this setup working on the 4-door setup.

I would also be interested in a 4-door version. Maybe something that mounts in both holes for the seat belts (one on the center pillars and one that mounts by center console) with like a support bar to go up and hug the headliner area for both support in the event of a roll and a seat belt harness bar. Just my opinion.

Monday, April 12, 2010 9:05 AM
Josh G. wrote:
John W wrote:Any way to make one for a four door? I am removing the rear seats, but from looking at the mounting points I don't see this setup working on the 4-door setup.

I would also be interested in a 4-door version. Maybe something that mounts in both holes for the seat belts (one on the center pillars and one that mounts by center console) with like a support bar to go up and hug the headliner area for both support in the event of a roll and a seat belt harness bar. Just my opinion.

I like his thinking!!
Monday, April 12, 2010 10:07 AM
Tinkles wrote:That's @!#$ hideous. I love the fact that the "mounting tabs" are designed so they offer the least amount of support possible. The harness hoops are just @!#$. A real fab shop has the ability to bent the metal so you dont have 90* angles that have a possibility to injure someone. I would think grinding the pointy corners off the lower brace mounting points would be a priority so it eliminates the possibility of customers getting cut/hurt on them.

while i do think thats a bit harsh.. i do agree to an extent... it just looks unfinished and like little consideration was taken with regard to asthetics or safety

Monday, April 12, 2010 10:20 AM
edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 12, 2010 3:42 PM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, April 12, 2010 11:01 AM
OEM wrote:The bar is a 2" bar with 3/16 wall. The bar itself is 6063, the ends and the tubes are 6061t6. The weldes are all 5356 hard wire. Fully welded on both sides. I guess I dont see the cheapness to it. Also what makes it look so bad? Cause its not coated?

It is unfinished. You happily sent it out to the customer with unfinished edges/points that have the ability to injure the customer. You are using the flat stock on the ends in the weakest way possible(atleast gusset it). The cheapness is where you put your hands on it and in the design.

Monday, April 12, 2010 11:30 AM
Thanks for the Pic Chino!

FOR SALE
Monday, April 12, 2010 11:50 AM
edit

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:22 PM
Possible injury point: Buy some prebent 90* round stock. You'll increase the aesthetics of the bar and completely eliminate the possibility of injury if someone accidentally bumps into that point.

Put a gusset in here: It'll greatly increase chassis support. More chassis support/bracing > .000001lb of aluminum weight increase.

Grind all these edges: It will increase aesthetics and wont draw blood if someone scrapes a body part on it.

Sharp, unground edges = unfinished.

OEM wrote:
Tinkles, please show us what you got , make one so you can teach me how to be better, PLEASE....

I dont have a bar because i dont need one yetb but i'll show you a proper bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 12, 2010 12:24 PM

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:32 PM
edit

Monday, April 12, 2010 2:16 PM
They are not being sold anymore due to them not being DOT approved and RD Fabs not wanting to be liable in the event of a car accident. Same thing you'll run into when someone gets hurt with your bar.

It's good to see your response when someone bring up valid points. I'll make sure to steer everyone i can away from your crappy products. Your "products" speak for themselves, blown engine, failed strut mounts, etc.

Monday, April 12, 2010 2:20 PM
edit

Monday, April 12, 2010 2:33 PM
I'm still getting one. Enough with the harshness already.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Monday, April 12, 2010 2:59 PM
OEM wrote:WOW, you really must not read. I will leave it at that.

mark

And you do not care about customer safety. To think i was thinking about tossing your rear mounts in my car. Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction. Tein pillowball mounts here i come.

I have read about both and all you did was pass the buck to the other people.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search