Feed back on new easystreet struts - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Feed back on new easystreet struts
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 4:49 AM

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 5:09 AM
Very nice!

FOR SALE
Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:51 AM
NICE work!

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Thursday, June 03, 2010 5:48 PM
hey if i don't sell my car soon we're gonna do this to mine right?! wish mine looked that good lol

Friday, June 04, 2010 9:25 AM
thanks everyone.

jfire, yought you already sold your new easystreets?
Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:19 AM
just wanted to say they turned out great man. good job

Monday, June 14, 2010 4:52 AM
I need now. This should be an option straight from easystreet. Now I need Yota fenders so my tires will let this happen. 15" FWD wires stick out pretty good
Monday, June 14, 2010 5:13 AM
dang thats awesome man! im gonna have to send u mine so i can get mine done. no one around me wants to try and weld on the struts!

Monday, June 14, 2010 6:40 PM
yeah i had one shop decline the, its ok tho i dont blame them. This was one of my businees account that i take care of through work so i was ok with it. He builds intercoolers and custom rads, for diesel pulling trucks.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:32 PM
think i may do it myself now... nope i don't have them anymore but i still need to drop the mounts

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:39 PM
It looks amazing man. I'm looking at doing the samething with mine here. I was wondering though if you welded them up with the fluid inside the strut or if you drain them somehow?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 9:38 AM
they were welded in one piece. Cant take them apart, the cartridge is welded around the perimeter of the bottom. If i was ever in the position to do this again i would ust buy the crafter pack from air lift and make my own housings. Just keep it cool as possible. one of the reasons i chose TIG, we did some weld the quenched it with a wet towel.
Friday, July 09, 2010 4:58 AM
I just completed modifiying my struts the other night. I have to say it was a lot easier then I thought it would be. I didn't TIG weld them but only MIG welded. Before I started cutting and welding the new struts, I took my old bent strut and I cut the bracket off. Then I weld that right up with out cooling it or anything. After I welded it, I cut the strut in half, to see the inside of the strut and the heat didn't do anything to damage the strut. I can post pics of that it you guys want to see it. But heres some pics of the new easystreet struts that I redid.

When I welded these struts I kept soaking the welds with a wet towel just like spencer. I also wrapped the bag up with a welding blanket so no sparks could burn a hole into it.

One problem I did run into was depending on how you bolt the strut on, the tire would rub the bottom metal peice just below the air bag. Here's so pics of how it looks. Nothing rubs in these pics but its still a close fit. Sorry for the pics but hopefully you can see how close it is.

Here's how the car sits. The fenders still need to be rolled more.

Friday, July 09, 2010 10:01 AM
awsome, looks good.
Saturday, July 10, 2010 12:53 PM
98blkz24 wrote:One problem I did run into was depending on how you bolt the strut on, the tire would rub the bottom metal peice just below the air bag. Here's so pics of how it looks. Nothing rubs in these pics but its still a close fit. Sorry for the pics but hopefully you can see how close it is.

i saw that issue when i was looking at doing mine. but that will only rub depending on offset of rim and how much u camber the struts.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:44 PM
now paint them bishes!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:07 PM
hey i was thinking you guys with teh cav's can get the toyota fender and have all kinds of room. Are they still available?
Friday, November 07, 2014 5:20 PM
Nice!

Quote: no ofence man but if you have so much experience in all that why does your car look like crap?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search