Brake booster delete - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Brake booster delete
Saturday, December 11, 2010 4:29 PM
Skwirl : Why do you not use stock residual pressure valve on the rear brake line ??? because stock valve have not thread to fit on your proportioning vavle or ???

Boost Lover

Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:33 AM
Yoan Desaulniers wrote:Skwirl : Why do you not use stock residual pressure valve on the rear brake line ??? because stock valve have not thread to fit on your proportioning vavle or ???

because it isn't a fitting I could use easily, and since I was replumbing the system it made more sense to just use a wilwood residual instead.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:47 AM
James Cahill wrote:
Viper98912 wrote:For the safety of everyone else on the road, why do you want to do this?

Huh? How does this affect the safety of other drivers? If anything, this would be safer in the event of a stall or shutdown, since it doesn't rely on vacuum power.

Because this needs to be done correctly before you have a brake failure and can't stop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, December 12, 2010 3:02 PM
Thank Skwirl !!!

I started my brake booster delete this weekend and i wait my Wilwood parts

Boost Lover
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:44 PM
heres some pics of my booster deleted setup. pretty much copy of pjs setup besides i modified the firewall and dropped the master lower.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:41 AM
Viper98912 wrote:
James Cahill wrote:
Viper98912 wrote:For the safety of everyone else on the road, why do you want to do this?

Huh? How does this affect the safety of other drivers? If anything, this would be safer in the event of a stall or shutdown, since it doesn't rely on vacuum power.

Because this needs to be done correctly before you have a brake failure and can't stop.

Correct, but that's not what you said. You made it sound as if manual brakes would be dangerous.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:43 AM
Ugh mine went out in tghe middle of rush hour one time lol..ebrake and both feet to stop..sucked

13.1 @ 115
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search