springs and shocks goin in soon! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
springs and shocks goin in soon!
Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:22 PM
Tomorrow ill be getting a pass to leave all my classes (that I don't need) to spend a few days in my schools auto shop so I can install my pro kit and agx shocks. Just wanted to know if there was any tips or tricks in doing this since I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks!

Re: springs and shocks goin in soon!
Monday, January 24, 2011 5:20 AM
In my opinion if u have no idea what u are doing than u should not do it. When u compress the springs to install the strut assembly on them , well if its not right it can severely injure or kill u or someone else. Im a professional mechanic and have been for 8+ years and they still make me alittle nervous.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:26 AM
Well my shop teacher was a mechanic for 30+ years so ill have him
Monday, January 24, 2011 9:45 AM
Your shop instructor will be a great thing to have.

You'll need an impact for the rear bottom strut bolt, or at least a very very big breaker bar.
There's really not much to it though. Our suspension is literally 5 bolts per strut and out they come. (4 in the rear)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:01 AM
how hard are the fronts to get in? i just put the rear shocks and springs in but my school day is gonna end soon so im gonna have to wait till tomorrow. the back looks cool though!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:18 PM
Fronts are easy as pie. three bolts on top, 2 on the bottom. you might have to heat up the bottom bolts a little to get them to release the rust. But you may not have to.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search