Aftermarket Brake upgrade - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Aftermarket Brake upgrade
Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:04 PM
i do tend to believe the cast method as that does make sense...

one thing though... why does wilwood say "drilled" and slotted for our rotors?

http://wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitListFront.aspx?year=1997&make=Chevrolet&model=Cavalier&modoption=

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:04 PM
That's a great price for those rotors. I've run brembo drilled rotors with ebc yellow pads. Loved em, but the rotors did crack and warp kinda quick. The yellow pads were awesome though.
Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:18 PM
Id say the reason they say drilled and slotted is because you wont say holed and slotted.. Cross drilled has been kind of normal terminology id say to keep it standard. All the big boy companies tend to cast them with holes vs drilling after the fact.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:02 PM
That pic is what all my rotors ended up looking like, even the non-drilled slotted gm rotors. Maybe I just have bad luck with brakes.

Friday, April 27, 2012 2:12 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Id say the reason they say drilled and slotted is because you wont say holed and slotted.. Cross drilled has been kind of normal terminology id say to keep it standard. All the big boy companies tend to cast them with holes vs drilling after the fact.

lol yeah. makes sense.

im gonna try the ebay rotors for my n-body swap and have them cryotreated. if they hold great.. if not, i guess ill get something thats not "drilled" for the next time.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, April 27, 2012 9:29 PM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:i wonder if anyone knows you can buy hawk pads from pepboys for 18 bucks

i saw this and got excited. however no longer does pepboys have them

Little Sedan That Could <3 Forever

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search