05 SRT-4 Rear Disc swap - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
05 SRT-4 Rear Disc swap
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:36 AM
Just purchased:

I know I will need to address brake lines, fittings and the eBrake but is there anything else in addition to this essembly I will need? Scooped these off ebay for $130 shipped for the pair.

Re: 05 SRT-4 Rear Disc swap
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:59 AM
Should be exactly the same as doing the neon rear disc swap, only differance with srt 4 is caliper pistons are 2mm bigger and disc are a little thicker.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:02 PM
Sweet so I didn't **** up and buy the wrong ish?

After watching the Youtube video Dearman made I am kicking myself for not doing this YEARS ago... lol better late than never.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:07 PM
Its been a while since I did my neon disk swap, but doesnt the bracket need to be re-drilled to fit the rear J hub?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:11 PM
Nope, should work same as neon swap, actually a little better if anything with the thicker rotors and 2mm bigger pistons. I kinda wanted to do the swap too but not sure if it will ever happen, I actually owned a $200 beater neon sport with rear disc before I bought the cavi, clutch went on the neon and I sold it for $360, was thinking of stealing the disc brakes and It also had 2nd gen 15" alloys with winter tires I was going to use on the cavi for the winter as well but just sold it, had no room for it., harder to get rid of it too with no wheels or rear brakes.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:13 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Its been a while since I did my neon disk swap, but doesnt the bracket need to be re-drilled to fit the rear J hub?

Yes it does

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:39 PM
Yeah I know I have some slight modifications to do to make this work. Besides lines and fittings is there anything else I will need to pick up? going to scoop up some Power Slot rotors and a pair of Hawk pads eventually. Probably powder coat the brackets and backing plate black as well.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:52 PM
The only other thing that is different is the fittings to connect to the stock Jbody rear brake line. You should be good after that, along with grinding down the j-body hub.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, April 04, 2011 2:08 PM
That's what I used was SRT components when I went to do my Neon swap.
Better calipers, rotors, and better braking make the Neon swap better. I used the EBC rotors and EBC red pads to complete the package.
Good luck with your project.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:48 PM
whats the link for the conversion sorry to reopen the thread. intristed in the conversion as my drums are siezed and crappy
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:04 PM
top of the page is a stickied thread for neon disc swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search